SUSPECT DHL EMAIL

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Has anyone else received a suspect email from " DHL "  I have received one with tracking details attached, which I hav'nt opened as I am not expecting an parcels.  Any idea whether this is just another scam or virus, I have deleted just in case  !!!

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 4:36 PM by perce Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

i also received the same information duplicated during a two day period,stating a tracking number, i have also deleted all messages without opening.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 4:36 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I recently received this warning via homewatch which might be a variation on the scam theme!

Please see the following alert from one of our members

My computer has recently been attacked by a virus which used a quite plausible approach.

The email was from Post Express Service [postmail-pn@chicago.com] and the subject line read Post Express Service. Package is available for pickup! NR7507.

The message was :

Dear Customer
Your package has been returned to the Post Express office. The reason for the return is "Error in the delivery address". Attached to the letter mailing label contains the details of the package delivery. You have to print the mailing label, and come in to the Post Express office in order to receive the packages.
Thank you for your attention.
Post Express Service.

I was somewhat suspicious but I was expecting a parcel from the USA and somebody I asked said yes they had heard of Post Express as a competitor to Royal Mail.  When I clicked on the attachment the screen picture went berserk. This was followed by a very calm screen with a message from Palladium giving me a choice of buttons "Do not use Palladium to fix the problem"   or "Use Palladium now to clear the Problem"  The first button was greyed out and the second was prominent. I was suspicious so I tried clicking on the first and nothing happened. I could not get control of the screen no matter what I tried. Luckily I did not press the second button but phoned my computer service .  By searching the net they discovered that Palladium first appeared on January 10 and has done a lot of damage. More importantly he discovered how to fix the problem.  However I lost 1/2 a day on the computer. I count myself lucky not to have suffered more damage.  I hope that none of you get such an email but if you do you have been warned

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 4:44 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Thanks for reply's,  have checked the DHL website and it appears that there are some scam emails going around that contains a virus. So beware.  My email stated that a parcel is going to be delivered to my home address within the next ten working days and the tracking document was attached.  Dont open the attachment, it's a virus !!

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 4:47 PM by ManilvaNews Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

I also keep getting on my email addresses DHL or Royal Mail notifications. Some of them gave spelling mistakes, so that made me wonder. I never open them and inmediatly I delete them. It is definetly a virus!

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 5:50 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

This virus is being sent with emails from nearly all the courier companies names on If you open the attachment it disables all antivirus programs an takes over youir desktop, the only way to get rid is to do a system restore and then a full malware scan as I know to my cost, I opened it as I was expecting a parcel from UPS

This message was last edited by fpegman on 07/04/2011.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 6:06 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

It also appears that  Mark and Spencer on line have had their computers hacked and customers email accounts have been revealed.  They have sent out a warning to customers to beware of scam emails containing an attached virus !

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 10:40 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have also received these e-mails but was warned last

week by a friend to delete immediately as she opened it and

so did her husband on his laptop and it has totally destroyed

both computers.

coolyes

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 10:52 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Last week I had a message from Trip Advisor (I am signed up with them)  warning that their email database had been  "compromised" by spammers/scammers who were sending out phishing emails to the addresses that had been harvested

Sho' nuff, I started getting messages claiming to be from DHL (nearly opened that one as I do have an account with them),  several banks that I don't have accounts with were telling me that there were problems with my account and I should log on to verify my details

I also had loads of express delivery valuable packages waiting for me to log on and pay for

Sadly I hadn't won the Cambodian lottery this week--but I was glad to see that my old friend, the widow of a nigerian army officer struggling to keep the family of 12 terminaly ill kids together-if only I would let her deposit ex hubbies secret stash of dollars in my bank account-was still in play.

Luckily, my MSN Hotmail junk filter works well

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 11:08 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

I received the DHL email and clicked to open it but my antivirus warned me not to and told me it was an infected file. I use avast antivirus - free version.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 2:44 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Play.com have also issued warnings to customers that their systems have been  hacked and email addresses compromised.

Jane

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 5:49 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Looks as if the scammers have been very busy again  !!  One of the neighbours has received ten emails this week all detailing different delivery company names but all saying the same thing,  " tracking details attached "   It also appears that there is an email circulating that is warning of the virus and asking you to pass it on to all your contacts, however this has also been put out by the scammers and could effect your computer with a virus and those you pass the email on to.  BEWARE

Like 0      
09 Apr 2011 11:40 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I get the DHL one regularly and always delete it.  I also got the M&S one and was suspicious of that, then I got one from Marriott almost word for word.

I don't open anything which looks suspicious - if you think it might be genuine then you can always log onto the company's website and check it out directly, rather than using a link in an email.

If I had accounts with all the banks who email me, I'd be worth a fortune!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is my money safe in CAM - 0 posts
Free English TV on the internet - 19 posts
I need HELP with identifying CAJA MADRID Bank forms - 2 posts
Spammer on PMs - 7 posts
QROPS - 0 posts
Desperate sale - 8 posts
Bad News for Ryanair - Alicante Flights - 48 posts
House prices - 9 posts
COLLAR ON MORTGAGE VOID - 49 posts
Tax office Mijas - 7 posts
BMW 316i Compact 1998 Spanish plates LHD - 0 posts
Termites - anyone recommend a company to deal with them? - 4 posts
Car Hire Palma Airport - 0 posts
charges to receive transfer of euros from UK to Spanish bank - 15 posts
Instituto Cervantes already in Gibraltar! - 0 posts
ALICANTE CAR HIRE - 0 posts
Hotels near Madrid Airport - 2 posts
Satalite dish wanted 1.8 or bigger - 0 posts
Divorce in Spain? - 23 posts
Low cost fares from Jet2 - 0 posts
Cheap, reliable car hire Heredades, Formentera, Rojales area? - 2 posts
Bed and Breakfast License - 26 posts
car hire reus airport - 1 posts
changing house insurance - advice/information required please. - 8 posts
Searching for long term rental villa. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x