What to do!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

We are non residents!

My husband took ill over here and was admitted and had 2 keyhole ops.

The out come is another major op.

So he came back to casa  for 2 weeks.

Supposedly waiting to here about an appointment with the consultent and the op was planned for 1 week later.

So then we get this person saying we need the E112 or basicly no op.

So ive done all the correct phone calls and aparently we dont need it  the Ehic is enough!

So try getting that through to this lady.

Any ideas folks at my wits end now ...this is my husbands life were talking about not fit enough to travel home or i would but i must stress the treatment he has received has been 2nd to none and he has every faith in the surgeons.

Jeanie 

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 8:36 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Have you tried your consulate?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 8:54 PM by jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Faro, 

Numeras times,

I just get a continuas dial after all the press this and press that.

i recieved an automated email.with connections which i have to try ...not forgetting this is  weekend.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 9:32 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

When a friend of mine was in a similar position there was a day's running around for the padron and residencia certificate but she quickly acquired a SIP card. I must say also that Torrevieja Hospital was very helpful in assisting through this process. Good luck and best wishes.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 9:38 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

jeanie.

First I hope you and hubby are still okay and I'm sure one of us on here will be able to help.

The form E112 (now S2) is for planned medical treatment in the EU.

What your hubby needs is not what the EU, you, I or anyone with common sense calls planned medical treatment, even it the hospital (clinic) is saying it is!

The S2 form (old E112) is normally only issued if you are planning on going to another EU for treatment, not if you are in an EU country and need further treatment!

I started writing an article on Heathcare in Spain only yesterday, cutting through all the red tape, and making sure it's up to date, and it may be their red tape needs an S2 showing that you are entitled to treatment under the NHS, therefore you are entitled to treatment in Spain, with our without costs. The EHIC is currently all you need in your Hubby's case, and this is just some bureaucrat saying you need this!

Try contacting the Overseas Healthcare Team in Newcastle on: 0044 191 218 1999

They will tell you if you need an S2 (old E112)  and issue one if necessary.

Although, as I said, your hubby doesn't need one as he was taken ill whilst being in another country.

They may be planning it, but you and your hubby didn't, so you don't need an S2 (E112) - so tell them to get their head out of their arse and look at what the real world is doing!

Hope this helps!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 25/03/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 1:42 PM by jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Thanks all

Techno!

That is what newcastle are saying i agree completly, i just wish i could get this young girl to realize this she just wont have it.

I have the manager of primary care for our area fighting my corner but can you believe they wont issue 1 because newcastle  say its not needed between them i could scream 

Its all very well this argy bargying but in the mean time my husband is wasting away and this thing is spreading its like a death sentance and its making his chances worse. I would have him on the next plane home but they will take 1  look at him and turn him away.

I have just mailed Vegabaja to see if they can help and i will phone the consul again monday.

Jeanie 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Still happy you bet I am - 6 posts
Palmera Properties - 59 posts
HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts
Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris - 7 posts
San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x