Indonesian/Thai food in Murcia city?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

I love Indonesian and Thai food, and I'd like to find somewhere in Murcia city to eat either or both.  I've looked in the yellow pages but can't find anything, and never seen anywhere wandering around there.

Any suggestions?

Kathy

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 10:54 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi Kathym, we have not seen anywhere in Murcia so you will have to do what we do and cook your own.  We take red and green Thai curry paste, Massaman paste, Pataks madras paste in our suitcase.  We cook all the different dishes in a wok on the BBQ (weather permitting) while enjoying a few beers and glasses of wine.  Talking to some of our Spanish neighbours they tend to eat traditional dishes and are not keen on trying this type of spicy food hence the lack of these types of restaurants. 

Ps.  I got a special wok plate made for my Barbie with a 250mm hole in the centre.  !!Perfecto!!

Regards

Geoff Y Pat  

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 12:50 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 6:56 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Thanks Fred, I assume you have sent this message to Kathym as well.

Geoff

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 7:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fred

Do you know this is actually open though?

That could well be a very old link, restaurants are closing down all over.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 8:26 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Just rang the number there are definitly there and open and that link was dated 22.02.2011 if you had looked

http://www.buscorestaurantes.com/restaurante/Asiatico-Tai-105665-0.html

This message was last edited by fpegman on 22/02/2011.

Fred

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 8:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fred, I DID look at your first link! The date is always shown as today's date, it's not the date the info was posted. Still if you rang & got an answer we know for sure it's open.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 9:06 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Apologies More

Fred

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 10:20 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

If anybody goes there, please put a review on EOS!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 11:16 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you, fpegman - I shall check that one out!  I know roughly where it is.

Geoff y Pat - do you find it easy to find the ingredients to cook your own?  I would love to, but I live out in the sticks and lots of things aren't available.  Although there are online shops........

Kathy

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 9:59 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi Kathym, as I said we bring  stuff out in the suitcase but if you live in Spain full time you can buy the main items in Corte Engles or depending where you live, that super market at Camposol has most things.  Not telling you how to suck eggs but all you need for Thai is the real paste (not ready made sauce) in the plastic tubs, Thai fish sauce and coconut milk, you can use a couple of slices of lemon rind instead of Kaffir Lime leaves.   

Fry two tablespoons of paste in one spoon of oil (not olive oil) for a couple of minutes not too hot.  Then add chicken (about 25mm size) and fry until coated and turned colour.  Add coconut milk (about 200 grams) one table spoon of fish sauce and a couple of slices of lemon rind.  Simmer for about 20 to 30 mins until the sauce is more like single cream consistancy.  If the sauce gets too thick you can add a drop of water.   Serve with rice and whatever type of pitta type bread you can get. 

You can use either red or green paste for the above recipe.

Hope this helps.

Geoff Y Pat

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 1:50 AM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

That recipe sounds good!  Thank you.  I'll have a look in Corte Ingles when I go to Murcia - too far from Camposol!

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Las Vegas strip in Spain - 5 posts
THE RAT CATCHERS IS SECURIY CLEARED BY M16 - 0 posts
INROAL Depost Return Cases - 4 posts
Any one missing UK radio? - 3 posts
Fined for driving with ear piece! - 4 posts
gardener/handyman - 13 posts
WANTED: El Suplemento "Magazine" del periodico "El Mundo" 25 Enero 2011 - 1 posts
Who looks after your dog when your away??? - 6 posts
PLANE RIP OFF AND THEIR GETTING AWAY WITH IT - 3 posts
Car Hire Gibraltar - 1 posts
Car Hire Gibraltar - 0 posts
Question for Justin re. privacy - 3 posts
Wanted Packing Boxes - 1 posts
"The UK PM shoots himself in the foot" Downing Street has new rat catcher - 6 posts
3G in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to the states everything must go-make us an offer - 2 posts
Holiday Villa rental - 2 posts
Working Online Section? - 2 posts
Arrow Car Hire Va Va Voom - 4 posts
Want to remortgage my property and need advice - 12 posts
BANK CHARGES - 1 posts
Oil or Gas Central Heating system - 0 posts
Moving To Spain - 1 posts
Private Health Care Plan? - 1 posts
Community Benchmarking - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x