Internet in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by DavidDB Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, 

Got my internet installed a few weeks back and found it to be a bit of a nightmare on time taken to get it...I'm getting used to it though over here.

Does anyone know what are the type of security measures to buy things on the web are in Spain. In England I would buy pretty much everything on the web, but I am a little more cautious in Spain. Does anyone have any advice? 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 12:58 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Good anti-virus software or a security suite will protect you.

What anti-virus do you have at the moment?

Neil

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 1:18 PM by DavidDB Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Neil, 

Currently use Kaspersky 2011. 

What's it like buying on spanish sites, I've only come across a handful which I can trust - do Spaniards do a lot of buying on the net like us Brits or not? 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 2:09 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I started/posted a thread on this topic a while back.

My experience is online buying is much less in Spain than in UK.

Many so called online Spanish business will not complete a transation online and say you must go to some shop and pay in cash and then they will deliver item to shop from where you can collect etc.

an example here would be an it supplier www.appinformatica.com and there are many more like this .....

Where they do deliver then delivery cost can sometimes be high - so the method outlined above actually works out cheaper!

But we are seeing more UK businesses willing to deliver cheaply to Spain.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 5:00 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

I ordered some tyres the other week from an online Spanish company, chose the option of pay on delivery for which was only a few more €,s just incase they didnt turn up. A couple of days later they arrived, paid cash and signed the docket, it was so simple. And got them cheaper than I could get them in the UK!! Have used Spanish web shopping since with same result, excellent service.

Regards.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 5:23 PM by DavidDB Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Steve, 

Yeah I noticed this Cash on Delivery system, looks interesting. What if you don't have the money on you and they bring it round? Won't they give you the product? 

Thanks

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 6:43 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

I order all my communications equipment from a Spanish website.
I pay by using my paypal account and delivery costs €12 for 48 hour delivery.

I've never had a problem and they have an excellent order tracking system.

One look at the companies website normally tells you all you need to know about how the company will perform.

Neil

Like 0      
06 Apr 2011 6:32 PM by chrisb1972 Star rating in West Yorkshire and L.... 12 posts Send private message

Im looking at internet providers that I can use in Spain and Tenerife (here at the mo) and have found one called  Abroadband, looks to be a pay as you use / dongle provider. Has anyone signed up and using them or any views or thoughts on them good or bad would be most welcome.

thanks chris

This message was last edited by chrisb1972 on 06/04/2011.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2011 9:04 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

It would've been nice and really helpful if those that have experienced good service to have shown the websites that they use rather than highlight one that gives a mediocre serviceor just state that their own experiences have been ok.  Of course one does have to be careful about self promotion but in general I think that users on this site are able to discern who/what sites are self promoting. IMHO

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 2:18 PM by alfshane Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Online buying of goods and services is easy and saves time but before buying online, make sure that the website is trustworthy and reputed one. At the point of money transaction when you share your personal information with the site, it should be fully secure. Generally if you look at the website address you will notice an additional 's' while transaction along with http and the address contains https along with website address, it means that the transaction is secure.

Like 0      
17 May 2011 7:13 AM by BigWilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

As i understand it a lot of the spanish companys are reluctant to go online because you need to use a merchant to process your transactions.

If they have a merchant it will list all their sales so they cant just put the money in their pocket and avoid paying tax on the profits.
I dont know how correct it is.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How do I find nearest doctor to register with? - 9 posts
Airport transfers - 1 posts
opening times easter 2011 - 8 posts
help wat is this - 5 posts
Finally! - 10 posts
Spanish Banks invokes European Enforcement Order Against U.K. couple. - 12 posts
Can you help? - 0 posts
First post and a question - 5 posts
Registering on the Padron - 1 posts
Beware Auriga Crown Conditions - 8 posts
Closing a Spanish Bank Account - 2 posts
Memories - 0 posts
How many in the same boat????? - 36 posts
Record Rent a Car- Alicante. Opinions please - 24 posts
lcd television - 4 posts
Air con Units - 4 posts
Long Term Rental wanted from May Rojales/Quesada - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Hunting laws? - 2 posts
N I E numbers? - 4 posts
Vodafone.es email address - 4 posts
What to do with the kids - 3 posts
11,000,000 views - 9 posts
can a court ruling regarding a debt be ingnored? - 6 posts
mobile catering unit - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x