Finally!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

Hi All,

After a few weeks of Spanish Beureaucracy doing it's best we are finally owners of a Beautiful Finca just outside Sucina.  OH goes over in April with our son then I follow on in September.After giving more thatn 22yrs of our lives to Queen and country we finally retire.  Hopefuly a bit of pottering in our orchard/garden and alot of time keeping ourselves fit.  Unfortunatley for the son no such luck as he's got 2 years for studying for his A Levels.  LOL!

Just thought I'd share it with you as we are chuffed to bits!  Hopefully will be able to add some pearls of wisdom once we're over and settled!

Maria

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 7:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 7:59 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I take it you bought something you could see!

The mistake most made was buying off-plan and listening to the patter of estate agents on the rising market .....

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 8:13 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

hi Moreosado,

Yep we've got one that's was built 10 years ago.  Saw it and said yes in October and transferred teh money over in Dec.  However the Town Hall were playing it cautious due to the arrest of the Mayor of Los Alcazares and his cohorts.  Anyway after weeks of our solicitors camping outside the door of the relevent dept we finally got the nod that there were no monies owing or fines ounstanding and everything could go through. 

I must admit having read alot of the posts on here we seem to have a very thorough Spanish Lawyer who I cannot praise high enough and if anyone wants his details just let me know.  He didnt cut corners and unless he had the signed copy in front of him he would not go any further waiting for the signed copy!

Anyway off over to Spain this weekend to do the final bits and bobs and son is having a couple of A level 'Taster' days at El Limonar Int'l School.  And i beleive the weather has perked up so really pleased!

Maria

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 8:22 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

With an experienced and thorough lawyer you will be ok.

The problem on the coast was many firms expanded too quickly and hired in junior inexperienced staff and those law firms that had very close relationships with agents would not negotiate on contracts, verify basic documentation or chase up on bank guarantees.

But I still see people making the same mistake and using the lawyer recommedned by the agent!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 8:55 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

Yeah I have noticed that from reading posts on the site.  We did get frustrated with how slow things were going but at least we know things have been done properly.  It's just a shame that not all Lawyers aren't as honest and professional.  Anyway it's down the business with getting our life over here sorted out now, no doubt it'll be frought with more beaureaucracy.  LOL

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 9:11 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

The other problem in Spain is that the many law societies will not discipline their bad mambers.

I have case before the Colegio de Abogados de Malaga and it seems they meet every 2 weeks but will not hear my case and just say it's deferred for 2 weeks becuase they have so many complaints to hear.

If I took the same case to the Law Society of England & Wales that solicitor would have had his practising certificate revoked by now.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 9:19 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

They don't seem to be governed by any regulatory body.  It seemsyou just have to take your luck with what people recommend.  I hope things get sorted for you eventually!

Maria

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 9:26 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I took on the case for a client becuase another problem in Spain is lawyers will not generally file complaints against another lawyer

The nasty little bunch that stick together.

My problem is of it goes to litigation then I might not have a lawyer! 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 7:22 AM by GerryinAlbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

GerryinAlbany´s avatar

Hi Maria ! Congrats ! I am very happy for you and a bit jealous, being a non EU american I am still waiting for the clearances to finalize our apt in Los Altos. We hope to retire there in the next 3 years.

I've been reading posts on this board for several months finally decided to join up- nice to meet every one! Regards from  snowy NY.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 7:29 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congratulations to Mari ( Mazlester) and his lawyer!

Fully agree with Faro´s appraisal on lack of discipline by Bar assocations and Lawyers recommended by agents.Keith Rule´s petition pays attention to that aspect  too. Those lawfirms during the real estate boom were few but too brave, naughty and noisy!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Banks invokes European Enforcement Order Against U.K. couple. - 12 posts
Can you help? - 0 posts
First post and a question - 5 posts
Registering on the Padron - 1 posts
Beware Auriga Crown Conditions - 8 posts
Closing a Spanish Bank Account - 2 posts
Memories - 0 posts
How many in the same boat????? - 36 posts
Record Rent a Car- Alicante. Opinions please - 24 posts
lcd television - 4 posts
Air con Units - 4 posts
Long Term Rental wanted from May Rojales/Quesada - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Hunting laws? - 2 posts
N I E numbers? - 4 posts
Vodafone.es email address - 4 posts
What to do with the kids - 3 posts
11,000,000 views - 9 posts
can a court ruling regarding a debt be ingnored? - 6 posts
mobile catering unit - 1 posts
cost of tabbaco in spain - 19 posts
Art Supplies - 1 posts
for sale uk registered campervan - 3 posts
Hi from the UK - 1 posts
Just started considering....... - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x