Beware Auriga Crown Conditions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

One of our clients was in Spain for 3 weeks and rented from Auriga and towards the end of the break noticed that the clutch was slipping and eventually on the last but one day the clutch failed so they came and recovered the car and he had to go to the airport to collect a replacement

When he arrived at Murcia he was told that he had to pay another €300 before that could give him a replacement as, according to their agreement, unless you take the extra insurance, the tyres windscreen and CLUTCH, are the renters responsibility, the insurance was €4 a day, and in a rude manner was told that he should have read the small print

The car was a Ford S Max with 55km on the clock and he drove it less than 500km, and he was told if he waited an hour they would look at the car and if they believed that it wasn't his fault that they would change the car but this was only offered after he requested a complaints form. An hour later he was told that it was down to him and that he would be charged for the cut ch, no €300 no car

He left without a car and the following day got a taxi to the airport and they have now taken €900 against his credit card

Best advice I can give is avoid AURIGA as this is the only company that I know that does this and I normally suggest Gold Car or Centrino for the Alicante Murcia areas

This message was last edited by inspectahomespain on 08/02/2011.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2011 9:57 PM by overmead Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

The same thing happened to us with gold car we paid the 300 euros & lucky enough we had taken out an extra insurance & claimed back when we got back to uk but they only gave us £100 back& gold car advised us that the fault was caused by us!

Like 0      
08 Feb 2011 10:19 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Guys use this tip get a credit card like i did with a 300 pound limit i have always used this at the airport in malaga so if something does go wrong you limit your loss so if the car hire is 150 say spend another 150 while you are away at the restaurants or fuel whatever then if they try to get you a few days later when you get home it will be declined

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 08/02/2011.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 9:15 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Rod Where is the tip for the credit card please

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 11:47 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Clear enough to me!

This message was last edited by morerosado on 09/02/2011.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 12:02 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

if you rent a car then call card company have it cancelled then abandon car at airport cons work both ways

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 3:03 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

We used Auriga Crown a few times at Alicante airport. The first 2 times we had no problem at all & was never asked to pay the 300 'suppliment' for excess & tyres, windscreen & clutch. The last time we used them we had loads of hassle when picking up the car & felt we had to pay the 300. As our flight home was at 6 am we dropped the car off outside the office & posted the keys through the letterbox as instructed. Three days later we received a call asking where the car keys were, we told them  & they said they had lost the keys to the letterbox & not to worry as they could see the car had been returned. Two weeks later we received our credit card bill & Auriga had charged us 550, they said this was to cover the cost of new keys. After a lot of arguing she said she would have to check my story & call me back which she did 5 mins later. The reason for the charge had then changed & it was because the clutch was damaged, in those 5 mins she had 'found' the keys & driven the car enough to discover the faulty clutch (it was fine when we left it)!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, after a lot of arguing they refunded the charges in full & we have never used them again.

I do agree that rental conditions are clearly stated but the only time we had any problem was when they had our credit card details.

I think Rod has the best idea get a card with a low limit!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 3:16 PM by Kevin B Star rating in Kent and Duquesa. 34 posts Send private message

If you hire cars regularly It's worth taking out insurance to cover your uninsured liabilities and all for £43 a year.

www.questor-insurance.co.uk/questor-insurance-car-hire/car-hire-insurance.aspx

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 3:37 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Yes we have just sorted that out. Will stop a lot of worry/hassle, such a small price for piece of mind.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Closing a Spanish Bank Account - 2 posts
Memories - 0 posts
How many in the same boat????? - 36 posts
Record Rent a Car- Alicante. Opinions please - 24 posts
lcd television - 4 posts
Air con Units - 4 posts
Long Term Rental wanted from May Rojales/Quesada - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Hunting laws? - 2 posts
N I E numbers? - 4 posts
Vodafone.es email address - 4 posts
What to do with the kids - 3 posts
11,000,000 views - 9 posts
can a court ruling regarding a debt be ingnored? - 6 posts
mobile catering unit - 1 posts
cost of tabbaco in spain - 19 posts
Art Supplies - 1 posts
for sale uk registered campervan - 3 posts
Hi from the UK - 1 posts
Just started considering....... - 2 posts
Does anyone understand court property auctions? - 6 posts
Hola - 5 posts
Motorhome or RV Wanted - 11 posts
where to live - 5 posts
How bad has it been in Spain - 71 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x