New "Search" Bar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Like it!

Much easier to search the forum, from wherever you are!

However, you have to click the 'search' button, as when you hit the 'Enter' key it doesn't work!

For some reason it looks like the field isn't being populated when you hit 'Enter'. 

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 6:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Although the old search wasn't great & you could miss stuff this new search is terrible! You used to be able to search certain members posts & see them in order, not so now. For example I just typed in 'Technoape' & the first post showed as one posted in 2009!! I've just typed in 'taxes' & the first one was 10 May 2010 , next one was 25 Mar 2008, next one was 15 Nov 2006 CRAZY, there's been hundreds!

Bring back the one that worked. Sorry, the Google search is cr*p!

There are so many great posts on here but no one can locate them these days. Older members who used to be able to help with links now can't find them, it is frustrating. If you click on a member's name on one of their posts & look at their profile you only see their last four or five posts.

Perhaps Technoape can enlighten me as to how, these days, to search as I can't!

to the new search facility !

This message was last edited by morerosado on 02/02/2011.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 10:11 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Techno, yes, I need to sort out the button click issue.  I there is another button on the page, hitting enter will activate the other button instead of the search button.

Will try and get it fixed today.

Morerosado, I know you don't like it but our own search facility was actually pretty rubish.  It's very difficult to create and good search function so it's best to leave it to the experts....Google!

In fact, the original search facility we had was what used to generate the most complaints about the site and the forum.

Although you can't now search by member the new facility has been much better in (generally) returning better results.

Also note that there are two search functions here.  The new bar at the top searches the whole site whilst the search link in the forums only searches the forums.

Also, from our analytics we can see that people seem to have more joy finding what they are looking for with the Google search.

For now we're going to keep it as it does appear that most people prefer it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

President & Committee Guidelines - 1 posts
Directions from Alicante Airport to Vera Playa - 1 posts
WiFi in Spain - 0 posts
Excellent Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
new resident in velez malaga - 0 posts
Military Service - 1 posts
Padron - 76 posts
Pelayo Insurance company - 0 posts
Washing Machines, Inverters and generators - 10 posts
Hospital Quiron Malaga - 2 posts
Lunchtime Surf - 3 posts
Navarre Appeal Court says Banks have no rights.... - 4 posts
Qualified Boiler Technician Needed Murcia - 0 posts
property management inland murcia - 1 posts
The Bank cannot execute further than the mortgaged house - 6 posts
EOS in IE8 has gone a bit squiffy! - 13 posts
FOR SALE MOTHERCARE MOSES BASKET and lots of baby clothes, equipment and toys - Javea Costa Blanca - 0 posts
BARGAIN FOR SALE BMW 645CI coupe Right Hand DRive Every extra conceivable ONLY 20,000 Euro - 0 posts
BARGAIN - FOR SALE NISSAN NOTE 1.4 LHD 3500 EUROS IN JAVEA, COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Increase of rent due to IPC/CPI - spanish one or not - 3 posts
Ocean View Properties - 3 posts
Community fee help - 9 posts
Cancelling my telephone service - 12 posts
coming to a Town near you!!?? - 0 posts
Holiday bookings - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x