Purchase complete at long last - HELP !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by jigsaw000 Star rating in Co Down Northern Ire.... 33 posts Send private message

Hi members

I normally just log into see whats going on from time to time after waiting 5 years for my property purchase I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never see it.

Letter just arrived this morning stating my purchase is complete and an appointment has been made at the Notarys office for 18th March (coincidently my birthday)!

Now i feel lost - my solictor Aldea is no longer trading.  Has anyone suggestions on a new solicitor, I do recall getting a letter referring me to another solicitor but cannot recall who?

I also need advice on the sequence of events from this time and suggestions on spanish morgages as well????

Thanks, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jenna, Banbridge Northern Ireland

Like 0      
22 Jan 2011 1:08 PM by Petrone Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Congratulations, you will love it when you settle in, I can't keep away from Corvera. We use Adriana Perez, her English and services are excellent, she also sorts out our Non residents tax too. Her address is:

Adriana Perez Legal Services, Lawyer in Spain, C/. Yaisa 8, Urbo Alta Del Villar, 30730 San Javier,

Tel +34 968334178

She is located just off from the roundabout near the Mercadona, just as you head to San Javier, instead of going onto the A30 after leaving the airport.

We used DFS for our furniture and lighting they are excellent too, not to be confused with the UK one.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2011 4:15 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jenna - if you tell us where your property is then I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions.  I can recommend several in Torrevieja if that is close enough.

All the best!

Like 0      
23 Jan 2011 9:15 PM by jigsaw000 Star rating in Co Down Northern Ire.... 33 posts Send private message

Hi Claire

My property is in Terrazas de la torre ( Polaris World Golf Resort).  So Torrevieja wouldnt be too far.

ABC Solicitors have taken Aldeas clients and although I have already paid 50% of the costs im sure that would not matter now.  I do not know any history of this firm so dont know whether to try them or not??

Thanks

Jenna

Like 0      
23 Jan 2011 10:26 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jenna - I don't know ABC but am sure there have been some posts here about them, in relation to Aldea, so perhaps someone could tell you what their experience of them was?  Check out the messages regarding Aldea to find people who had the same choice to make as yourself.

I personally always recommend Victor Bricio who has offices in Los Dolces and Alicante city - he does a lot of conveyancing for our clients and we have always had positive feedback on his work - www.briciosolicitors.com

Good luck

Like 0      
24 Jan 2011 11:01 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Jenna,

Congrats on your completion being finalised!

Regarding Spanish mortgages, qualifying is totally dependent on your criteria but generally they are available to a maximum of 70% lower of purchase price or valuation; there are Interest Only options available too.  There should be a mortgage attached with the developers bank (Banco Valencia?) however I understand this is no longer available on subrogation terms and there could be some hefty life insurance (their product) required as a condition of the mortgage. As you have approx 7 weeks to completion I would recommend you research your mortgage asap to find the right product for you and obtain a Decision in Principle.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 6:37 PM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi Jenna,

Congratulations on your property purchase! We, like Petrone, use Adriana Perez Legal Services. They are just brilliant! We normally deal with Adriana herself, or with her colleague Eve who is extremelly helpful and speaks English like you and me (well, probably better than me!!). They know how to reassure you and advise you like no one esle can. We could not have done without them. You can contact them on info@ap-legalservices.com

I found that, once you have a place in Spain, you become really concerned about the security of the place and you don't want anything to happen to it. This was my main concern (never mind taxes and all...). We got ourselves a great property manager which I will be more than happy to recommend to you, and anybody else. It is important to feel safe and to have somebody looking after your pride and joy (in our case, all our life savings went into the property...). You can check the website http://profixandclean.mfbiz.com

Every time I write a post on EOS I feel happy about trying to help people through our experience. I learnt a lot from this site thanks to everybody else's experience and recommendations (and also warnings!) and I'm glad I can now give back ;)

Gill

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 10:32 PM by stanleymiguel Star rating in Kensington London UK. 15 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Unhelpful **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 17/02/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New S1 Form - 14 posts
HMRC form FD9 - 1 posts
Euroworld, Myramar Shaopping Centre, Fuengirola, CDS - 10 posts
finch - 1 posts
Does anyone know anything about the S1 ? - 9 posts
Paramount - 20 posts
Piranha pedicure - 1 posts
La Torre Golf Resort Term Rental - 0 posts
Situations vacant - 1 posts
Nerja or Copsta Brava - 7 posts
Wanted :- Inflatable dinghy with outboard - 2 posts
Sickness benefit - 3 posts
NIE no longer valid for work! You know need Residencia! - 15 posts
Ryanair has pulled out of their Newquay flights to Alicante - 2 posts
electrician la murda near orihuela - 2 posts
On a research mission. - 26 posts
Community charges - who pays the short fall - 97 posts
Packing boxes - 5 posts
Entre Naranjos - 3 posts
AWFUL - cocoon telecom - 4 posts
using a mobile in spain - 2 posts
Non resident tax form changes - 46 posts
reputable "property management" operating in the Granada area - 0 posts
Urgently required, a good Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Toyota Landcruiser TD FOR SALE. UK REGISTERED - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x