Does anyone know anything about the S1 ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

After 18 months of arguments and sending letters and paperwork backwards and forwards to Newcastle we have our S1 certificates. We actually applied for E109 and E106 certs, but it took a long long time.

Both of the certificates are in my husband's name as he is the one paying NI contributions and i'm his dependant.

Although we live in Spain, my husband commutes to the UK every week for work.

Now...

After queuing at the INSS in Orihuela for ages and finally seeing someone. They say that one of the forms should be in my name and one in his. Not both in his, which is how they are.

I rang Newcastle, and they insist the forms are correct according to the EU guidelines. It seems that they only need to put my husband's name on both as he is the taxpayer. Spain should register him as the "insured" and me as his dependant.

So.. I have no idea where to go from here.

Newcastle say it's correct and the INSS say it's incorrect.

So STILL no healthcover.

I'm at my wits end now.

So... has anyone used the S!? Does anyone know who is right?

Please help.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 Jan 2011 2:47 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Get Newcastle to talk to INSS, let them battle it out!!

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
21 Jan 2011 3:38 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Could be a problem if the locals don't speak English.

I can't see the DWP speaking Spanish.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
21 Jan 2011 5:10 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes there's a problem with using the new S1 forms .  A lady on another forum has been battling this for months , the Dss supplied two forms & told her she had to fill in the dependants on the back of an 'old  e106 ' form & give that to the spaniard complete with the new S1's. The spaniards fell about laughing & told her it's an S1  form for each person in their name ! (they have 2 children ) .

When she got on to the dss again they told her they only supply the forms in the taxpayers name ! She's  contacted the consulate in Malaga who admit there's a problem & are 'working ' on it . To my knowledge it's still not sorted & has been ongoing for nearly 6 months !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2011 5:45 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oh dear no.

That is really not what I wanted to hear.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 10:32 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Lady on the other forum now has hers sorted. She went back to the office in Fuengirola & insisted they took all details of her & the children , which they did. Copies of passports, residencia, etc, etc. They then forwarded this to the Malaga health centre where they did no more than Attach an 'old E-106' form with all details of the wife & children to the new S1  ( What the DSS in Uk said should be done  ! lol. ) They all have cards for the next year until it needs to be done again ! Apparently Malaga knew but hadn't informed any of the smaller 'consultorios'. I might be worth going to the main health department for your area.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 11:43 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

That's a ray of hope.

My next step was going to be going back to Orihuela and registering my husband and then taking that to Dolores health centre to register him and then telling them I need cover too as his dependent. To see what they would do.

May be worth a go then!

laury

Laury

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:23 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

After another fruitless trip to the INSS in Orihuela, I returned home and called Newcastle yet again.

I got a different department somehow and they were aware of the S1 in my name too! problems in Spain, so agreed to send an S1 in my name too!

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 11:22 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

I have searched various UK gov sites for a reference to this new form S1 but so far not one mention. I have the E121 from about 2yrs ago and yesterday presented that to register at at the INSS. When I first got it I thought that it would cover me and my wife as a dependent. However they said NO! You must have a separate form and from reading this thread I deduce that must be the new S1 anyone know how I can find it or information relating to it?

Also have you all noticed how all forms to do withTax revenue to UK gov can be downloaded on line but I do not seem to be able to find forms on line to claim benefits relating to past payments into the UK system .

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 1:33 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Hi.

I'm now in possession of an S1 in my name so I can get the healthcare. Thank goodness.

The S1 is the replacement for E106, E109, E121 and probably more for all I know. It's supposed to make life easier but has caused major problems with a catch all certificate.

Here's a link for you.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/movingabroad/Pages/Livingabroad.aspx

Hope it helps.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paramount - 20 posts
Piranha pedicure - 1 posts
La Torre Golf Resort Term Rental - 0 posts
Situations vacant - 1 posts
Nerja or Copsta Brava - 7 posts
Wanted :- Inflatable dinghy with outboard - 2 posts
Sickness benefit - 3 posts
NIE no longer valid for work! You know need Residencia! - 15 posts
Ryanair has pulled out of their Newquay flights to Alicante - 2 posts
electrician la murda near orihuela - 2 posts
On a research mission. - 26 posts
Community charges - who pays the short fall - 97 posts
Packing boxes - 5 posts
Entre Naranjos - 3 posts
AWFUL - cocoon telecom - 4 posts
using a mobile in spain - 2 posts
Non resident tax form changes - 46 posts
reputable "property management" operating in the Granada area - 0 posts
Urgently required, a good Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Toyota Landcruiser TD FOR SALE. UK REGISTERED - 9 posts
Still easy to get bar/restaurant work in Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Orihuela Medieval Market - 3 posts
Building Insurance - 1 posts
Elviria or La Reserva - 4 posts
Almost ready to move to Spain (trial run) - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x