Non resident tax form changes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Those of you who submit your own non resident tax forms may be interested to know there have been some changes made to the modelo 210.  Interestingly from March this year payment will be permitted to be made from foreign banks using this new form rather than having to use Spanish banks. 

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 9:47 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Leswill

Thanks for letting us know about the changes.

Does this mean we will be able to pay it at Banco Halifax/Lloyds when we are in Spain? We could not pay through them in previous years as they are not on the authorised list from the tax office.

TIA

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 9:54 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

I was in Lloyds in Torrevieja last  week and they advised me that they will be able to take payment of non resident taxes for their customers from now onwards.  However this is for customers only.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 10:13 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Many thanks Leswill, we are customers and that is the branch we use, so it will be ideal for us.

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 12:09 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

The new form seems not to require the pagatinas any more and also has a few more changes too.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 1:28 PM by rapp Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

At the moment I pay 120 euros for a local accountants to prepare our tax returns for non residence rental income. They also calculate the amounts due.

Is it easy to calculate the amount due and file the returns if your Spanish is not very good?

Rapp

This message was last edited by rapp on 19/01/2011.

This message was last edited by rapp on 19/01/2011.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 1:46 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hope the excisting 210 form can still be used.

I brought 4 last year.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 2:03 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

It's a completely new form.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 3:52 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

At an initial glance the form looks completely different.  If you are using the modelo 210 to submit the 'imputed income' non resident tax, then some extra information is now asked for i.e. date and place of birth and country of fiscal residence.  The address in country of residence is also necessary now.  On the 2nd page is the option to pay from a foreign bank. The modelo 210 can be used to submit other types of tax as well and that is what the other boxes are for.  In answer to Rapp, the calculation of the tax remains the same and is not very difficult at all.  It is completing the form that causes problems for some people.  We will continue to provide an affordable, simple service to enable people to submit their own tax returns without expensive yearly fiscal fees.  Have a look at the website link below for more details.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 10:01 PM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Can someone please post the link to this 'new' 210 form please.

I have just downloaded one from the Hacienda and it looks the same as last year and before.

This one is marked (version 1.0/2010) in bottom left on page7 of the pdf.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks, Alec

This message was last edited by alecd on 26/01/2011.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 10:06 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

26 Jan 2011 10:15 PM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks NEUTRAL,

That looks like it.

But I can only assume its not ready to download for usage as yet.

I guess its premature and we cannot use last years form?

Do you know when it becomes ‘LIVE”

Alec

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 10:30 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

I'm not sure when its ready for download just keep an eye on the website,they're looking for more info by the look of the new form and I don't see anywhere for the identification stickers to go!!

Like 0      
10 Mar 2011 6:33 PM by BigAl Star rating. 86 posts Send private message

BigAl´s avatar

If anyone has done it, can anyone advise how to calculate the tax and pay through a bank either in Spain or in UK.

Regards,

Allan

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 2:55 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

An update on the situation is that the new form is  now operational on the website.  However it is only available to use for paying taxes for 2011 onwards.  As the non resident 'renta imputada' is payable a year in arrears it means the new form cannot be used until next year (2010 bill is paid this year).  At present the old version is not available online but I am presuming they will put it back sometime soon!   From 2011 onwards the  form is only going to be available to be filled in online there will be no paper versions issued by the tax office.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 12:02 AM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

I have just been at the Elche Tax office today and they told me the Modelo 210 forms for 2010 can only be obtained on the internet. As Leswill says, the form for 2010 is not available on the site and the one offered is for 2011 only. I tried filling the 2011 form ( by writing periodo 2011 in the space provided) and putting all the data in the compulsory spaces,but it did not work, it gave me an error message 0115. I tried several times and still the same.  I  hope this will be resolved soon, if any of you have info or ideas that can help, it would be appreciated, other than having it done by a professional.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 9:29 AM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

The website will reject the entry if you enter 2011 as the year being paid for 'renta imputada' code 02 because it is not due for payment until next year.  It is 2010 which is being paid this year and the system also rejects 2010  if you enter that year as the new form can only be used for bills for year 2011 onwards.  I can only presume eventually the old form will be put back up for this year - I will ask in the tax office on my next visit.  This form is used to pay other taxes as well such as rental income and it works fine for these if trying to pay 2011 bills.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 10:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Leswill

This is the link I have to the old 210 form &, each time I click on it, the reference number changes so I wonder if this one is active. If it isn't I wonder why I can still access it.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 11:30 AM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Hello Morerosado

Yes that link does work and it brings up the old form.  It looks as though it has been left on their web server pages but there is no link to it shown on the website at the moment.  I run a couple of websites and know that it is possible to leave pages on the server in this way, but unless there is a link in the website people would not know how to access it!!  I believe they will either change the rules so that the new form can be used for this year or put up a link to the old form shortly otherwise lots of people will be raising the issue with them.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2011 1:22 PM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

Hi Morerosado and Leswill,

The link Morerosado has provided works and I have filled the forms and printed them successfully. Thank you both for your efforts!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

reputable "property management" operating in the Granada area - 0 posts
Urgently required, a good Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Toyota Landcruiser TD FOR SALE. UK REGISTERED - 9 posts
Still easy to get bar/restaurant work in Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Orihuela Medieval Market - 3 posts
Building Insurance - 1 posts
Elviria or La Reserva - 4 posts
Almost ready to move to Spain (trial run) - 8 posts
3 Seater Sofa Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Mountain bike, barbecue, etc for sale - 3 posts
Gas Fire For Sale - 0 posts
Office Furniture For sale - 0 posts
Writing for Stage & Screen - 0 posts
IBADROLA NIGHT AND DAY UNITS - 6 posts
Computing business for sale - 0 posts
Lawyer in Costa Blanca South - 5 posts
LOOKING FOR ´SWAP´´ MY PLACE IN TENERIFE FOR CATALONIA JUN-AUG 2011 - 0 posts
Car-buy in UK or Spain - 3 posts
6 Month let required.. From June 2011 - 6 posts
rental prices - 3 posts
Rescue dog centres close to Playa Flamenca - 2 posts
Sambuca Thai on Sabinillas Paseo, Manilva area - 3 posts
AIDS - 0 posts
Are you having problems getting a mortgage? - 4 posts
Are People Willfully Blind? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x