Plane Parking now at Alicante airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Meant to let everyone know ages ago but kept forgetting.  Plane Parking whom I park with at San Javier airport...as you know they are brilliant and so trust worthy, well they now have premises at Alicante airport which is fantastic, I have upgrade my contract and can now fly into and out of Alicante or San Javier or into one and out of the other.....absolutley brilliant. 

So if you need to park at either or give them a call 968566410 or see website planeparking.com

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 9:54 AM by pkjules Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Where is their car parking at Alicante please?

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 10:06 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi pkjules, they actually meet you at Terminal 2 and when you return they have your car waiting again at Terminal 2, also nice and clean, it is so so easy, no messing about with minibuses or trying to find the car park, just jump into your car and off.   But re your question, their car park is next door to the Galp petrol station on the N338, about 1 minute from the airport.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 11:03 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Anyone fed up of the spiralling costs of car hire?  Buy a Spanish car and use PLANE PARKING.

Plane Parking are better than the aa.  I use them at Murcia airport, but they will take your car between Murcia and Alicante for you - great when so many airlines are chopping and changing their routes and times, and they're even planning a service for Corvera airport - if it ever opens!

I can't praise them enough, I thought customer service was an old fashioned concept but they have it in buckets.  Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Jane

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 7:09 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I also use them, they are very good, i was late the other week getting to Alicante from Murcia ( give yourself 1 1/2 hour ) the guy was sat  waiting for me. If you upgrade for both airports it could pay for its self by giving you the option to shop a round for the cheaper flights at both airports.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 7:04 PM by patribis Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have used Terminal parking twice, and I highly recommend it! They are very close to the airport, two minutes, they have very cheap prices and you don´t have to leave the keys to the staff. Also very nice people working there!!!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2017 11:45 AM by sue dearden Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have just had the worst experience at Alicante airport with Star Parking Alicante

Basically we were due to pick up the car - after a call from the baggage hall -in 15 minutes. After half an hour our car was delivered with a completely flat, shredded tyre and a big bash on the front - the man delivering it then waved us off and ran!

We had to find a garage in the middle of the night and be rescued which took hours. Now they argue that it was a flat tyre and it was our fault?!!!

I just want to warn people not to use this company - it has been an outrageous situation!  Do let me know if you have had a similar situation with them and please share with others. If I had been on my own it would have terrifying.    

Like 0      
22 Sep 2017 4:08 PM by Ian and Margaret Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

We're with Seguro parking and twice they brought my car to the airport with a flat tyre even though there were 2 alarms on the dashboard. Oh we didn't see it they said, how thick are they I questioned. Soon be changing again.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2017 5:13 PM by sue dearden Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

oh good grief - so upsetting - we need to find other providers don't we - any suggestions?! Sue 

Like 0      
22 Sep 2017 8:37 PM by Ian and Margaret Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Think we are going back to Plane Parking.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 1:01 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Are these isolated incidents or is there something underhand going on here I.e. illegal swapping of good tyres with damaged ones? Do these incidents where wider damage occurs have to be reported to the Police to act as insurance validation or are there exclusion clauses in contracts?

Just out of interest where does the law ( regulation) stand with regard to the safe keeping of vehicles? Are there no protective clauses in contracts that cover this eventuality to make these companies more accountable?

Perhaps it's now proving increasingly necessary for vehicle owners to take photos of their vehicle ( including mileometer) just prior to leaving them, to act as supportive evidence?

Whistle blowing on social media is an equally powerful tool.....

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 1:20 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

There is nothing odd going on here IMHO. I picked up car up from Seguro last Monday after two months parked in the baking sun. The rear tyres (car six months old) had lost 0.3 bar each. Tyres will lose pressure in heat of summer. I have excellent service from Seguro over the year. Always courteous and car always clean.

Saludos

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 1:22 PM by Ian and Margaret Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

No way were the tyres swopped they need renewing anyway. The annoying thing is that Seguro Parking state in their advert that tyres are checked to ensure the car is safe to drive to your home. I even wrote to the owner about these problems and didn't get an answer.

we always take a picture of the miles meter when we leave the car and they also record it.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 2:14 PM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Hello ads

‘’Just out of interest where does the law ( regulation) stand with regard to the safe keeping of vehicles? Are there no protective clauses in contracts that cover this eventuality to make these companies more accountable?’’

I doubt it. Contract will have every possible disclaimer. We accept no responsibility what so ever, any damage caused by us is tough. Claim on your own insurance. Don’t bother complaining, everything is filed in the bin in numerical order.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 7:42 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Buy a tyre pump perhaps? wink

"Don’t bother complaining, everything is filed in the bin in numerical order." surprise

Therein lies the difference in culture perhaps Duncan? Acceptance of below standard service and disbelief in the power of consumers to change and improve the status quo?

Shame really when you consider the lost opportunities to gain business from Europeans who place the standard of service as high on their list of priorities not to mention peace of mind and harmonious living!

Each to their own I suppose... 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2017 7:51 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I've used Seguro for several years now and they've been superb - totally straightforward and always on time.

I did have an incident 24 months ago when I asked them to arrange a service and a couple of minor repair items. The work was decidedly sub standard, so I contact the owner of Seguro who is a pleasant Dutch chap by the name of Arno and he explained that their work was subcontracted - after a bit of discussion he re-imbursed the repair cost in full.

15 months ago this car was written off in a collision with a lunatic Spanish driver,.  I decided to buy new and this took several months as I opted for a Nissan built in the UK.  To avoid wastage I asked Seguro to suspend my contract  in the meantime, which they did. without question - again very reasonable.

I wonder about the authenticity of some of the earlier posts - not my experience at all - and I'm probably not the easiest of customers to please.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2017 9:13 AM by Ian and Margaret Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Quote " wonder about the authenticity of some of the earlier posts - not my experience at all - and I'm probably not the easiest of customers to please."

if that was aimed at my post then you are wrong and luckily Ads I do keep a tyre compressor in my boot so was able to blow the tyre up on the second occasion.

what annoyed was the attitude of the guys that brought the car up to the airport. With an Orange waringing light on the dash and also a warning on the radio screen saying Check Tyres,how do you not see any of those.

we all have our good stories about these companies, I had actually gone to see Arno the owner of Seguro before we took the contract out and his sales pitch was very good. Shame they don't always abide by it.

This is copied from their web site.

No worries guarantee
Seguro Parking guarantees that you will be able to drive to your home in Spain after you’ve parked with us. In case a problem with your car occurs (a flat tyre or a flat battery), we’ll try to make it drivable. In case the problem is more persistent, we will offer you replacement transport. During a long stay we will check the car regularly if it’s fit enough to take you home after you’ve arrived back in Spain. On our page Services you can read everything about it

Like 0      
24 Sep 2017 9:59 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The solution re tyre pressures over the hot summer months is for the company to pay serious heed to their literature then and adhere to their own promises and not ignore honest feedback, but much comes down to retaining a good relationship with consumers (and vice versa), to endeavour to heed honest criticism and treat one another with respect in that process.

At the end of the day apologies and acknowledgement of errors made with sincere corrective measures goes a long way to retaining  customer loyalty.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2017 10:51 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

We clearly have different priorities.  For me, the important aspects are that without exception they have always been at the airport to receive and return my car at the prescribed time.  The car is invariably in a cleaner condition after their involvement and the mileage has not mysteriously increased nor are there any bumps or scratches.

Tyre pressures are important - but to be honest I don't check them that often myself, so I wouldn't know if they've done so.  I take the view that the car has always been returned in a safe and good condition.

The annual contract we have with Seguro is excellent value and I can choose to fly into 3 altenative airports - they charged €25 extra to move the car last time, which was very handy.

So with respect I feel you are being a bit picky.  You may want to google the stories of the abuses that goes on by some companies based at Malaga airport - those are stories that really cause concern!

Like 1      
24 Sep 2017 11:29 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maybe the priority is to suggest that companies pay serious heed to all complaints if they wish to retain customer loyalty.

With respect to suggest that there are far worse companies to contend with tends to undermine the posters presumably genuine first hand concerns with regard to this particular company.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

3 Bedroom Villa Long Term Let Wanted - 2 posts
100 posts its a mile stone - 1 posts
Book For Sale - Revenger by Rory Clements - 0 posts
Murisha is in the House!!! - 0 posts
Habitation licence required for re-sale property - 24 posts
Mel Hazell - 1 posts
Audrey Dixon and Pink International Property - 7 posts
Van hire - 0 posts
Grumpy Old Gran - do you agree with Donna's moans? - 0 posts
Mazda Bongo Campervan - 0 posts
www.perrosdelsol.es - 2 posts
General question concerning land ownership - 2 posts
Ryanair and Hitler - 7 posts
Has anyone used Novasol? - 10 posts
Tomorrow is a Feast Day in Spain - 0 posts
Wanted - Reliable small second hand car. - 6 posts
Build Quality? - 54 posts
Very good quality secondhand furniture for sale . Altea - 3 posts
Economic situation in Spain - 128 posts
Switching Electricity supplier - 4 posts
Crispy Cod,Fuengirola, named as a top destination for traditional fish and chips! - 10 posts
Finca Parcs help and information - 1 posts
Dancing - Murcia / Mar Menor area - 4 posts
RYANAIR FLIGHTS - 0 posts
La Cañada Shopping centre in Marbella open? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x