Is there an Insurance Ombudsman?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi all,

When I bought my place, I had to take the Banks property insurance, but then I had air con fitted and it leaked water into the apartment and that caused damage, which took 7 months to put right, but the insurance Company no longer service the Bank as the Bank say they did not meet their customer service standards.

There are a number of uninsured losses which I have claimed, but the insurance Company do not answer any correspondence and the Bank don't want to know. 4 years on I am still trying to get it sorted, so I am now looking to take it to the Insurance Ombudsman but can not find one listed.

I am in Costa Blanca South, any ideas please, or even guidance, I don't want to give up as it is standing at about 1500 euro's plus interest.

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 10:25 AM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Well this is a let down, though it is the first time no one has come back with information.

Someone out there MUST know the answer to my question or has is beaten you all.

Dave

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 4:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

But do you have a current contract  between you and the Insurance Company ?

Did you buy from developer? Was air conditioning part of the specifications?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 5:09 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Hi Dave

Try this:

COMISIONADO PARA LA DEFENSA DEL ASEGURADO Y DEL PARTÍCIPE EN PLANES DE PENSIONES
  Paseo de la Castellana 44
28046 - Madrid
Tel: 913397101
Fax: 913397133

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 8:13 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that info, I knew I would not be let down.

One question though, is this not the body who looks after pension provision. Mine is for a claim against a house insurance Company who will not make a claim against another party for 3rd party losses which have been caused by negect on the air con installer.

Dave

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 8:24 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply.

The insurance was part of the mortgage package which was provided by the Bank. The Bank no longer use this insurance Company as they say they are not very good.

I have tried to put it back to the Bank but they say it is nothing to do with them, though they did write to the Insurance Company to remind them of their obligations under Spanish Law, but they have still not done anything or even replied to me or the Bank.

I did buy from a developer, but they have gone bust.

The air conditioning was installed by a local Company who say that the damage was not caused by any work they have done, though I have had an independant air con engineer who has provided a written report of the defects.

At present, it looks as though I am being left high and dry and no one wants to help me. I did try the line that the insurance was supplied by the Bank so they have a duty of care to me and they should sort it out, but they do not want to know and say it is nothing to do with them.

Hope this helps

Dave

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 9:33 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Hi Dave

Try this:

FDA, la fundación de defensa del asegurado, fundación que protege y defiende de los abusos de las compañías de seguros.

Línea de defensa del asegurado: 902 159 154

El domicilio de FDA está ubicado en Barcelona, Ronda de Sant Pere, 3, ppal 1 de Barcelona. CP 08010.

http://www.defensasegurado.org/bienvenidos.php

Fundación Defensa del Asegurado (FDA), es una fundación de interés general y cívico, según la calificación otorgada por el Registro de Fundaciones Asistenciales de la Secretaría de Estado de servicios sociales, familias y discapacidad del Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales.

El número de inscripción en referido registro público es el 08/0372, todo ello de conformidad con la Ley 50/2002 de 26 de diciembre de fundaciones.

Asesoramiento en la contratación de seguros:

Seguros de vida
Seguros de responsabilidad civil por accidente de circulación
Seguros de responsabilidad civil por negligencia médica
Seguros de coche
Seguros de hogar
Seguros sanitarios
Seguros de empresa
Seguros de viaje
Seguros de responsabilidad civil del Ayuntamiento

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2010 10:44 AM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Keith,

Thanks for this info, I have translated the page and sent them an email to see what I need to do to move on this claim.

Dave

Like 0      
13 Jan 2011 2:50 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Still trying to get something sorted so I can ge tthis matter settled. No one wants to know and mainly, the insurance Company don't want to know so at present I am over £1000 out of pocket because someone did not tighten a coupling correctly.

Dave

Like 0      
13 Jan 2011 3:02 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

It seems that you should be going after the installer if they are reputable they will have insurance if they are cowboys they will not

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2011 3:14 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that and they just don't want to know. They say it is the builders fault and the builder has gone belly up. I have had independant inspections done on the installation and I am told that it was not installed correctly and they used compression fittings and not soldered, plus they had not connected the condensate pipe correctly so the water just ran into the roof space and then brought down the ceiling.

At a loss now, this is one problem about being 2000 miles away.

In the UK it would be the responsibility of the Bank who provided the Insurance to sort it out, but they don't want to know.

Dave

Like 0      
13 Jan 2011 3:27 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Have you shown the independant report to the installer 

I would engage a solicitor and tell them you are going to denounce them I know of a good english solicitor in Los Balcones I can give you the details if you PM me

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 1:46 PM by golftee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Dave

Can you advise if you got in touch with and ins. ombudsman. I am having trouble with LIBERTY SEGUROS on a buglary.

It seams to be par for the course with insurance companies "take their money but don't pay up"

I have now got my teeth into this and I won't let go Press, ombudsman, solicitor I am going to take this as far as I can.

Paul

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 2:01 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Paul,

No, still not getting anywhere with it, I have been to the insurance ombudsman suggested but they do not cover this type of problem, I have tried UK trading Standards etc, I have contacted a couple of Solicitors but no reply at all from them.

Good luck.

Dave

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 4:20 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Forget the bank, all they did was sell you the insurance.

Your contract is with the Insurance company and they are to respond.

If they do not all i can recomend is to get a solicitor invovled, maybe then they will care to respond.

Try contacting their head office and keep emailing and sending complaints.

Joan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts
permission to change windows on a listed property - 5 posts
Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts
Neighbours barking dogs at 2am - 5 posts
Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts
how is everything going? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x