Endessa-ICP Issues

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I hope somebody can give me some idea how to proceed from this point on.I attach a copy of a letter received from Endessa.I can gather that I have 20 Days to install this ICP or something to that effect.Can Endessa enforce this demand on Residents.

Thank You

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 12:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Nigel, how old is your property?  When we moved into ours four years ago they installed the ICP at the time.  Letter just says that according to their records you don't yet have it and as such they will increase the contracted power for your property and charge you accordingly!

If it was me I would take their option to have them install it and pay the 6 cents per month for it.  That way they will send someone round who will check anyway if it's already installed or not.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 12:53 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Justin

Our Urbanization was built some 30 odd years ago and it is now a listed building.I have already installed earth leakage .

Nigel

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 12:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Ah, ok.  You will need the ICP unit fitted then.  I think go for the easy option unless you have an accredited electrician you can use instead.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 12:59 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Justin

Many Thanks for the Information.I think that I can find an Accredited Electrician to do the work.The only thing is a friend of mine in the same block has had the Box fitted months ago and is still waiting for Endessa to come and check the Installation.

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 2:03 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

If you don't have it installed they'l charge you as if you had a 20kw incoming supply. If you want it installed whether by endesa or your own electrician, it is a requirement that a new boletin is issued for endesa to accept it. This might require upgrading of an installation that was put in before the 2006 regulation changes. If you get it installed yourself it needs to be in its own separate box that is capable of being sealed by endesa.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 5:11 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Gus

Many Thanks for the Information.I have a Boletin done already but without this  ICP fitted.My Friend in the Complex has had  an Extra Box fitted for the ICP.

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 5:22 PM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

With regards to the Endesa letter I helped a friend of mine with it, with the translation and talking to Endesa etc.

He decided to rent the ICP from Endesa for 0.6 cents a month, but for this he had to install a box, with an electrician. He paid around 80 euros for the BOX, it was an English electrician in Duquesa who did it (120 euros if they have to fit it on the wall) and now he is waiting for the Endesa people to come and install the ICP.

He sent the letter back, called them and now he is waiting.

I think is just an extra expense and trouble to have this ICP, but I hope my comment was helpful.

Cheers,

Valentina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts
permission to change windows on a listed property - 5 posts
Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts
Neighbours barking dogs at 2am - 5 posts
Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x