Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by sarahlou Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

sarahlou´s avatar

Hi  golfers,

Just something that bothers me about golf in Spain. Most of us who are members of clubs in the British Isles and Ireland, pay our annual membership fee and then we just play golf whenever we like, assuming our course is available. My problem is that if we join a club in Spain, every time we put our foot on the 1st tee, we are charged 5 or 7 euro just to play. It would be nice if we could  get that system changed.  Has any person in any part of Spain got this facility in their area, and if so, how did they get it. Any views or any comments on this subject would be appreciated. Golf is expensive enough as it is. Thank you.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2010 6:42 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

Golf in Spain is in my view overpriced and over rated. Most of the courses are 'samey' and lack the challenge of a good British course.

I spend the winter in Spain and I am an avid single figure golfer but I refuse to pay the stupid money they want .

Last year courses near me were empty but would they drop the price -Not a chance.

I play once a month at 60 euro .If they made it 30euro I'd probably play 4 times and have a meal in the clubhouse ,buy some golf gear etc.

Generally I find Spanish staff at golf courses unwelcoming and totally oblivious to economic reality..

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 3:48 PM by gerryinalbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

gerryinalbany´s avatar

Hi Joe- I was wondering if what you posted is still the case? I will be retiring to Spain in another year and was hoping to play alot of golf, but i have been unable to get any information about golf fees. Can you buy blocks of rounds like  10  or 20 at a reduced rate?  You can join a course here in the States for unlimited play M-F for under a $1000 US  or in off peak times you can get 18 w/cart for around 30-35$ 60 euros as you describe or aprox $80 is prohibitive at best.  I had read somewhere that some of the Spanish courses were dropping prices during the hot parts of summer . I do not know if this has happened. 

Like you at 60euros I would be reduced to once  or twice amonth, and I agree at 30 euro I would play alot more and buy lunch as well. its the deferrence of being fair and feeling ripped off.

thanks for your insights!

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 9:38 PM by sarahlou Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

sarahlou´s avatar

Hi   Quite a lot of courses have reduced green fees now.If you join Murcia golf (it will cost you nothing) and they have very good offers. 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2012 11:51 PM by taraleisure Star rating in Holmfirth. 294 posts Send private message

Take a peek at this

http://www.sierragolf.co.uk/Greenfees.php4

Like 0      
05 Aug 2012 2:10 PM by gerryinalbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

gerryinalbany´s avatar

I want to thank Sarahlou and Taraleisure-just the information iwas looking for.

Sierra golf isabout 40 mins from me- not too far- I will definately check it out my next trip- Thanks!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fitting tow bar to car - 1 posts
Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x