I couldn't believe it

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi all

We rented a car from a local car company just to give them some Business and perhaps build up a good relationship. We got the car for the First Two Week's of July for 565 Euro. When we picked the car up at the Airport i thought there was something wrong with it but wasn't sure. Two day's into the holiday the car broke down an Hour from where we stay on a busy main road on a bend. We phoned the Emergency number that was given to us but they never heard of us, we then phoned  a Second number and couldn't get through. After about Ten minutes we got the car going again and made it home late at night with Three kid's. The next Morning we we're bringing the car back and it broke down again, about a 15 Minute walk from the local car hire place, we explained what happened and they gave us another car with load's of advertisement all over it about the car hire business and said that we would have to use this only for a Day or Two until another car was ready. After Two Day's went by we phoned and called up to them every Two Day's to see if they could change the car but said that they had no cars left and that they would give us some sort of refund which we we're happy with. When we finally got home i couldn't believe it when we got our Visa statement back, that they actually charged us €325 for the car that broke down, apparently their mechanic's told them that i burned the clutch out, i am driving Twenty Six Year's and never had any problem's with clutches on cars before. I'm sorry if i am going on but i just can't believe it. Please let me know what you think.

John&Trish  

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 12:04 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Hi

I would suggest you contact your visa company and explain to them that you wish to have a refund of the monies paid to this company as they have taken it without your knowledge and that you have not agreed to pay. Your visa company should credit your account and then it is up to the car rental company to pursue you through the courts ( if they feel they have a case, which, from what you are saying I would very much doubt it). It seems they are trying it on and most people would not even think about ringing up their visa company to complain. I have done this many times when I have received goods or services which have been substandard and never had to resort to court action.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 12:32 AM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi KP

We rang up the Visa card company and complained but they said that because we signed a contract that they could do whatever they like. We will have to take our case to the European Consumers Rights and God knows how long that is going to take aswell as all the hassle.

Thanks 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 8:42 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

http://www.ukecc.net/  you can ring them for free there is no charge for their services, also try the Trading Standards in the UK for advice. 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 9:16 AM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi, what car hire company was it.....you should warn people.

Kel

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 12:05 PM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi Kel

We are not allowed to mention any names on this site but they we're from the Cadiz area.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 3:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Company names are mentioned all over the forum in good light and in bad. I'd post the name so long as all the facts are correct, and allow Justin to decide if it is fit to stay or not. You can't be sued for fact,  just supposition or hearsay.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 5:21 PM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi again

The car Hire company that we used was Arcos car hire they are in Arcos De La Frontera about Fourty Minutes from Jerez which is in Cadiz.. I still can't believe the cheek of them. I'm driving Twenty Six years and never had any problem with clutches in cars. It is so obvious that it is just wear and tear from all the Miles on it and different people using it. As i said i will just have to go to the European Consumers Rights about it and see what happens.   

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x