torrestat tv interference

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by bbbreakfast Star rating in Bristol and Playa Fl.... 56 posts Send private message

bbbreakfast´s avatar

Hi Peeps,

I recently installed torrestat TV in my apartment in Playa Flamence, which seems to have upset the locals as I seem to be the centre of chit chat big time with looks that could kill an Ox at 50 paces.

My poor wife is there at the moment and is undr seige by a few residents who seem upset by my installation after my telephone intervention this evening with the ring leader it seems from my limited Spanish that they think my installation has upset the Urb signal as they are now having reception problems.

CAN THIS BE THE CAUSE is the $1m dollar question.

Obviously if this is the case I will get Torrestat back out to remedy, but not too sure what is being said.

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated.

BBB

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 1:22 PM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Hi BBB,

I am not famililiar with your urbanisation or Torrestat.

But a friend of mine who lives on an urbanisation had a problem with an installation.

The problem being that he installed a satellite dish on his balcony, which was contrary to urbanisation rules. It was said that it interferred with others' signals and was unsightly. I suspect these were just tools to get him to remove it and to use the system installed for the whole community. Which was a large dish on the roof.

I don't know if this applies to you. You do say your Spanish is not good and you were talking on the phone. Perhaps you may have misunderstood or there were 'cross wires'. Perhaps some clarification is needed. Do you know anyone who speaks Spanish?  I think it would help before you go any further.

Good Luck

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 7:51 PM by bbbreakfast Star rating in Bristol and Playa Fl.... 56 posts Send private message

bbbreakfast´s avatar

Thanks Mick,

managed to contact Spanish speaking friend last night who approached ringleaders to ask what the problem was ???? they denied there was a problem so my friend contacted URB President who is going to speak to them and get to the bottom of the situation.

I have been told that my small dish is not a problem as it was a  replacement for a faulty one, so not sure if it is just newbieness or cuiriosity as we are one of just a few British on URB which was part of my attraction to the URB as I wish to integrate before settling full itme in Spain.

I am sure when I arrive tomorrow things will get cleared up, it is amazing what a good Scottish Malt can achieve in international discussions.

Slanche

Like 0      
29 Aug 2010 12:08 PM by bbbreakfast Star rating in Bristol and Playa Fl.... 56 posts Send private message

bbbreakfast´s avatar

Hi Peeps,

Got to the bottom of the problem it seems that spanish neighbours lost the reception on there televisions at the same time as my sat dish was installed, but it turned out to be a coincedence, and during conversation my nearest neighbour thought we also had lost our signal so sent round his friend (TV Man) to investigate and during language translation we managed to sort it out.

Just being good neighbours it seems and that has cheered me up no end.

Now the difficult bit I am determined to master the language and after only two weeks it is amazing when only speaking pigeon spanish how much I have achieved in setting up our new home.

Thanks to members for thoughts on this matter.

Slanche

James

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts
And you thought the Guardia Civil Trafficos were bad.... - 1 posts
Suma - 2 posts
What a Wonderful World! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x