Fitting tow bar to car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by roadrunners Star rating in Hacienda Riquelme,Su.... 1 posts Send private message

Just bought a new Peugeot 3008 in Spain, thought I would bring over a tow bar and full electrics for the car from the UK, (thought it would save me some cash) its the same make and type Peugeot use. But the dealers would not fit it, because it was not supplied by them.

Its Witter swan neck, detachable Tow bar.

Anyone know of a really good fitter, that will not give me any trouble with Peugeot.

roadrunners

Like 0      
19 Aug 2010 4:30 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It's not that they wont fit it because they didn't supply it but because it hasn't got a homologation certificate, probably. In the UK they are homologated & come with the plate with the details on but here they also come with a certificate stating all these details . You need to find someone who is licensed to fit tow-bars , bull-bars ,etc; & speak to them as they can install it & isssue the certificate of installation. When you have both these certificates , & its been fitted, you can take the car to the ITV station complete with you registration documents & they will inspect the tow-bar, electrics etc; & add it to your registration details. If it's not on the log book it's not legal & you will have problems if you are towing & stopped by the police.  Just in case you didn't know , anything like this has to be on the log book i.e. tow-bars, bull- bars, side -steps( not side.bars ) if they project out past the wing mirrors, bodywork mods, additional driving lights, you can't change tyre sizes from those shown on the log book without having them inspected & put on the logbook. Also you have to pay for the ratification @ the itv station the same fee as for the itv test. It would have been easier to find someone to supply & fit a spanish tow-bar if peugeot wanted too much money. Unless you can get a homologation cert. from Witter , in spanish, you 'll have a problem.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 19/08/2010.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mortgage Transfers - 1 posts
spanish property reposessions helppppppppp - 1 posts
La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x