Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by PaulX Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hello All, Newbie here looking for wisdom from the collective….

The story so far

We lived briefly in Barcelona in 2006/07 but events called us back to the UK. We weren't in Spain long enough to become Tax residents so we just temporarily rented a house. We were planning on staying longer. My wife got a NIE and we bought a new Spanish Euro Spec LHD Mercedes E320 Estate from the main Merc dealer in Barcelona in Dec 2006. 

We had to return to the UK a few months later and took the car with us. Replated it with the DVLA in Manchester - its been on UK plates now for about 3 years.

We are now able to return to BCN and want to bring the car with us. All taxes were paid on the car new in Spain ( pretty hefty they were to I remember). I can easily swap the lights back to LHD pattern so its fully Euro Spanish spec. I have the Cert of Conformity etc.

I guess if we rent a flat in BCN and get my Wife's NIE updated, and I get a NIE and we get Padrons, we should be able to import the car back within 30 or 60 days of arrival in Spain as a personal possession? We should then just have to get an ITV and go through the form filling process but not pay the Matriculation tax based on the C02.

I also have a UK plated motorbike which I bough new in France in 2007. The bike was on French plates for about a year before I imported it into the UK. Now on UK plates with full Euro CoC spec. Can I bring this a personal possession also? VAT was paid in France at the time of registration.

Can anyone see any issues with doing this  or recommend the services of someone in Barcelona who can do this for us?

Many thanks

Paul

Like 0      
17 Aug 2010 8:18 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Shouldn't be any probs. with either. Just make sure that you tell them the original spanish reg. number to make life easier.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2010 1:13 PM by PaulX Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Cheers .. I'll let you know how it goes.

Paul

Like 0      
20 Aug 2010 1:13 PM by PaulX Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Cheers .. I'll let you know how it goes.

Paul

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts
And you thought the Guardia Civil Trafficos were bad.... - 1 posts
Suma - 2 posts
What a Wonderful World! - 5 posts
Route planner website - 3 posts
Helping in a bar - legal or not? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x