Fostering in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Spain operates a fostering system for children similar to the UK?

Being "semi-retired" and finding myself with more than enough tiime on my hands, I wondered if there is a scheme in operation for "ex-pats" who (through no fault of their own) have to put their children into the spanish care system whilst undergoing hospital treatment etc.,

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2010 8:06 AM by ozziechick Star rating in Up in the mountains .... 1 posts Send private message

Hi arranleesmith,

I know that here in my small town in Cadiz Province ,our Town Hall was advertising for fosterers a few months ago....mainly it seems for children of  South American origin...I think  Spanish families usually have quite a large and supportive family network,so possibly not as needy.

In any event it might be an idea to approach your local Town Hall.

What a lovely person you are....good luck with it !!

x

Like 0      
07 Jul 2010 10:57 AM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Thank you for your advice OzzieChick it is greatly appreciated.

Do you have to be fluent in Spanish (I know it would be preferable if the child only speaks Spanish) or do any other languages apply?

I know communication is key in all circumstances and walks of life....but the hand of friendship speaks volumes.

I don't want to do this to score "upward bound" brownie points.......just want to give something back for all the good things that have come my way.........

It never hurts anyone to give a little back!

Kind Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2013 6:21 PM by Bex7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello

Did you get the answer you needed as I too am a foster parent in uk and I will be coming to Spain in June 2014 to live for good and I still like to be a foster parent in Spain.

Thank you
Embed

Like 0      
02 Dec 2013 6:22 PM by Bex7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello

Did you get the answer you needed as I too am a foster parent in uk and I will be coming to Spain in June 2014 to live for good and I still like to be a foster parent in Spain.

Thank you
Embed

Like 0      
23 Dec 2013 10:03 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

This is an interesting thread. We fostered in the UK for a long time and brought one child with us from there.He had already spent longer in terms of years with us than any others. The extended family here play a large part in caring for children and added to this children are so valued.

I am part of a little group involved in visiting, supplying and resourcing basic needs like food and blankets. Always the parents only ask for items for their children. You may be able to join such a group in your area. We are finding that although there are charities like Caritas and Red Cross, MANY people in dire need, for different reasons cannot access these. 

Daveil

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MAPS? - 0 posts
TRUST & FAITH ? - 0 posts
Mobile Home Sites & living in Southern Spain - 25 posts
looking for work in architecture/ design - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Well done to the Passion Studio in Fuengirola - 1 posts
Estate Agent in Cordoba? - 2 posts
EOS 'browse server' question - 0 posts
Brits banned from being blood donors! - 4 posts
Help! transfer from alicante airport to los montesinos. - 7 posts
holidayrentalhomes.com - 3 posts
Land Grab Only In Spain? - 5 posts
Help wanted - 2 posts
Help Wanted - 11 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
Euro millions lottery - 2 posts
Long term rental Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 4th and 5th July 2010 - 1 posts
Transport required - 0 posts
Hi there another newbie thinking about walking the walk - 4 posts
BMIbaby cancellations - 13 posts
Boot Sale - 2 posts
Any similar experiences....? - 0 posts
Proposed changes to Spanish Health system - 1 posts
Ferries to Southern Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x