San Javier 2010 Jazz, Soul & Blues Festival

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2010 12:00 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

http://jazz.sanjavier.es/en/index.htm  

For anyone that has not been to this event before it is the must see event of the year. There is a fantastic line up and the tickets are very reasonably priced from 15e. The venue is in the middle of San Javea town in an open air arena which means there are no bad seats. There is also a great tapa's bar run by the local council in the park adjacent to the arena where the food and drinks are VERY good and very reasonable but get there early as it gets full quite quickly!

You can pre book your tickets and your seats otherwise a lot of people turn up on the night but I can imagine a lot of the line up will be fully booked this year, Paul Carrack  (of Mike & the Mechanics fame) should not be missed I have seen him and his band myself loads of times and they are always great.

There is plenty of parking on the streets and accomodation is very reasonable if you want to drink so go and enjoy yourself! KP 

Like 0      
29 May 2010 9:10 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Couldn't agree more KP.  It's a great festival and has something for everyone.  I've been many times but sadly can't go again until I change jobs or retire- as my holidays have changed in work.

The arena and the atmosphere are superb - sky and stars above, lovely evening breeze .  Make sure you have a siesta in the day you go - it doesn't start until after 10.00 and finishes very late for us older Brits - but you should go if you can.  You can also buy food and drink in the arena. Wish I could be there, enjoy.

Jane

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:37 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Hi, this sounds great! Is the venue the open air arena you can see on Google Earth? Just so happens I'm there in July and wouldn't mind the Canned Heat/ Dr John evening!

Tony.

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:23 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

my othe half and I have just moved down to san javier

this week so will book some tickets and give it a try.

does anyone have a website address for it.

coolyes

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:57 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Err... Its at the top of KP's original post!

Like 0      
30 May 2010 1:06 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Yes, it's the open air arena - and the design gives a great sound inside.

Best to book tickets if you can.  There's no designated seating inside so first come first choice.  Depending on the weather, the coolest is at the top, but that's not too far away from the stage.  If you don't book there can be long queues outside for popular nights, that's ok but it is a pain standing in a long line.  There was always a seperate line for pre-booked, don't know if there still is, and you got in quicker.  You can book on-line, or over the telephone, or in person at the office in San Javier - simples.  Just wish I was there for Canned Heat!

Jane

Like 0      
30 May 2010 2:10 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I would agree with Jane and book if it is something you are really keen to see. There are two queues 1 for booked seats and 1 for non booked. Once inside the arena there is a good bar to the right of the stage with drinks & tapa's which you can take back to your seat, the bar is open all the way through the performances with hot and cold food.I

f you do want to take your own food that is fine there are no restrictions but for the last two years if you took any drinks in the security took the tops off the bottles and made you open the cans I can only presume for the same reasons that the airlines do!

I have stayed at the Nenica Hostal a few times, basic but OK if you want to drink at the arena, all rooms on suite but basic with a fan, no aircon. In the morning you can go down to the bar and have a breakfast for approx 3e. Room cost me approx 38 euro's inc iva last year for a double.

The food at the tapa's bar in the park is also very good and they do al a plancha, fish, chicken, steaks etc or tapa's from 1e! Go on have a blast it is an experience, take something for the shoulders for later as it can get a little cool after 11.00pm. I always take bino's as well just in case I might miss something.........KP

This message was last edited by KP on 30/05/2010.

Like 0      
30 May 2010 3:22 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Ok, I've just been online to buy tickets. Where will I pick them up once I pay for them. They don't ask for an address when you fill in the form!

Tony.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 9:16 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Hi Tony

Glad your going, I have always gone to the town hall in San Javea to buy mine so not sure, I would assume that you would pick them up from the town hall, it maybe best to give the turismo/ticket office a call, most of the employees speak English. KP

Like 0      
31 May 2010 9:31 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

ermmmmmmmmmm  must have had a senior moment not even noticing

the website address.

had a look and am now off to town hall to book tickets.

many thanks

coolyes

Like 0      
31 May 2010 10:59 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Thanks, I've just noticed at the bottom of the payment screen there is a "collect tickets" link! It says you can collect tickets through any La Caxia ATM! You just have to use the same card used to book.

**Note**

You can only use a Spanish bank card to book, it won't accept a UK card!

Tony.

This message was last edited by tonynault on 31/05/2010.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 12:06 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Just a thought, most of the regulars that go take cushions to sit on as the seats are concrete just like the bull ring arena's and it can get a bit uncumfy after 2-3 hours.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 12:14 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Ha! Good shout! My missus won't be too happy 'bout sitting on concrete! All booked just got to pick the tickets up from an ATM when we get out there! 

Like 0      
31 May 2010 3:19 PM by debsjenkins Star rating in Murcia. 3 posts Send private message

debsjenkins´s avatar

Hi

I posted a couple of articles about the last 2 years at the jazz festival on my website called nativespain  - sorry can't post the links - there's also a great site by a chap called Tony Pool - there's a link to him from my site - he really knows his stuff

Debs

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 1:01 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Hi Debs, and welcome!

Lots of very interesting stuff on your's and Tony's web-sites! Thanks!

Tony

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 4:31 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

I have worked on the Leeds Jazz Festival which as been held in Leeds for the past 3 years absolutely brilliant event.

Unfortunately it can’t be held this year on Millennium Square due to the World Cup being shown on big the Screen, but at least I’ll get paid for watching the footie. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

finca woking partner wanted - 0 posts
Advertising when selling - 2 posts
ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion - 2 posts
painting tutors required - 2 posts
Advice/info, please. - 7 posts
Watchdog on Thursday 3rd June: demolitions in Spain, at 8pm UK/9pm Spain - 17 posts
Hire Car - Warning Triangle, Jackets and First Aid Box - 20 posts
Mr Singh's - Rojales - 3 posts
Reputable car dealers in Valencia - 7 posts
Taking a bank to court - 10 posts
Hi Im JO - 1 posts
Endesa news - 6 posts
BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts
insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x