Advertising when selling

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2010 12:00 AM by lesfrogs Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Just wondering if anyone has been "caught" when advertising on Golden Sands Developments ? We paid for advertising and after taking payment communication was regular (no buyers enquiries though). I looked the other week as we had no enquiries, and the site has closed - taking our money with it !!! I have tried to contact Kerrie (one of the site owners) but zilch !!! does anyone know how we can get some of our money back? The site did guarantee to sell within six months - I will leave that to your imagination.

Like 0      
29 May 2010 3:06 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

That's a very interesting thought as I have been trawling the internet this w/e looking at the best sites (including EOS) where to advertise my 3 bed 2 bath with a pool for long term rental, if anybody has had any success with any of the internet sites can you let me know which ones you recommend. Many thanks KP

Like 0      
29 May 2010 4:45 PM by lesfrogs Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi KP

Yes we have tried many sites over the past few years and they all seem very much the same (promise a sale, take your money) some of them then go to the wall having made a small fortune out of people. Pheonix Auctions was one such site, fortunately we managed to get our money back, before they went phutt (£1500) mind you we were kicking up a stink and think they did it to keep us quite!!!

EOS is a fairly reliable site and we have had several enquiries (mostly tyre kickers though), I suppose the lesson here is "if it sounds too good to be true ----- It probably is"

Good luck with your rental - word of mouth is the best way forward for that side.

Au revoir

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion - 2 posts
painting tutors required - 2 posts
Advice/info, please. - 7 posts
Watchdog on Thursday 3rd June: demolitions in Spain, at 8pm UK/9pm Spain - 17 posts
Hire Car - Warning Triangle, Jackets and First Aid Box - 20 posts
Mr Singh's - Rojales - 3 posts
Reputable car dealers in Valencia - 7 posts
Taking a bank to court - 10 posts
Hi Im JO - 1 posts
Endesa news - 6 posts
BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts
insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts
Getaway Earth Update - 0 posts
I'm proud of my nieces, they did this for charity, look! (AND HAD FUN!) - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x