HELP NEEDED

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2010 12:00 AM by chrisdevon1 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE NEAREST MERCADONA IS TO RONDA 4 APTS IN FUENGIROLA, ALSO ANY HINTS ON VALUE FOR MONEY CAFES/BARS ETC, WE HAVE NEVER STAYED IN THIS AREA BEFORE & WILL HAVE SON & 2 GRANDCHILDREN WITH US , SORRY ALSO WHERE IS THE NEAREST BUS & TRAIN STOPS PLEASE

REGARDS

CHRIS

Like 0      
29 May 2010 12:47 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Where abouts are the Ronda aprtments, might be able to help, but imagine there will be more than one meracadona nearbuy.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
29 May 2010 2:39 PM by chrisdevon1 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

RONDA 4 APTS ARE IN LOS BOLICHES AT TORREBLANCA END, IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THIS & ANY OTHER INFO ON BARS/ CAFES/ ETC I WOULD BE VERY PLEASED

REGARDS

CHRIS

embed

Like 0      
29 May 2010 3:44 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

There may be a stop nearer  to you but the train station in Fuengirola is close , at Los Bolichos as is the bus station. The railway line will be easy to find and from where you are should only be a few minutes to the station just follow the line towards Fuengirola. The bus staion is about a block away.

Plenty of bars and restaurants the whole length of the front in Fuengirola, depends what you want to spend. If you are looking for more than just pie and chips try Bahai restaurant  on Plaza de Castilla beside the Confortel Hotel on the front at Fuengirola.

Or go to Fish Alley at the far end of the front away from you. Numerous bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and prices, for some thing a bit special (and pricey) try the Argentina restaurant in fish alley called Estilo Campo ( probably best if you can leave the kids somewhere to try this one)

Big supermarket if you walk along the front you will come to it, just  few blocks past Hotel Yaramar, also a big one on Avenida de Jesús Santos Rein which runs parallel with the front. There are probably a few closer to you not sure.

Good tapas restaraunt also on Avenida de Jesús Santos Rein before you reach the super market, Spanish people use it alot.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
29 May 2010 9:17 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Chris

If you find a Mercadona within 10kms of where you are staying, they might do home delivery, check on their web site.  I've just discovered it and it was just great not to have the first day of my holiday shopping.  You can register and shop on-line before you leave the UK or wherever you are and it is delivered exactly when you have booked it.  Fresh and frozen comes in cool bags and they take it straight into the kitchen for you!  Couldn't ask for more really.

Jane

Like 0      
29 May 2010 9:33 PM by chrisdevon1 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

HI, CAN YOU TELL ME WEBSITE NAME PLEASE

REGARDS

CHRIS

Like 0      
29 May 2010 9:42 PM by chrisdevon1 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

SORRY CAN YOU VIEW CONTENTS/OFFERS ETC WITHOUT REGISTERING, AS I JUST WONDERED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF FLIGHT WAS LATE & WE DIDN'T GET TO APT IN TIME ESPECIALLY AS WE ARRIVE ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON

THANKS 4 UR HELP

CHRIS

Like 0      
30 May 2010 2:04 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Chris, really no need to shout ... using capitals is considered shouting on forums.

Seems you do need to register from what I saw here in their site but at least it's in English. if you click on 'general shopping conditions' then on 'customer service' then on 'customer service form' you have various options so ask them. Check out this.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 30/05/2010.

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:36 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Chris I live not far from Feungirola,  and they do have a Mercadonna just off the seafront.  If you are in a car you can drive along the paseo Maritimo and as you pass los boliches into Feungirola keep your eyes right (unless you are the driver) and you will eventually spot the store situated in a side street, and as you turn in it has car parking facilities. Just about 10 mins. from where you are.   Also there is a big shopping centre called Miramar that has huge supermarket and lots of shops inside and you can walk across the bridge to Dunnes store, Lidl,and Iceland  about 10mins. by car outside Feungirola Centre. you can get a bus to take you there if you have no car, and the bus station is just across from the train station. The train also runs alongside the huge Feungirola Market place of which market days are Tuesday and Saturday. Saturday being the car boot type but very interesting, and Tuesday there are lovely fruit and veg. stalls.

Regards and if you need any more help Kathy.

p.s. Morerosado you do come across as quite bossy lately.

Kathy

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:59 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi

Yes, as More says you do need to register and you can select the language - easy.   I registered long before I used the service as the lead-in time to book seems to be about a week, so I kept checking until the date I wanted came up. 

When you order you have the details of the local store and i would think you'd need to ring them directly if you knew you were delayed. The site is easy to use and it was so good to have heavy stuff like big n heavy water bottles delivered. 

Jane

Like 0      
30 May 2010 10:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 30/05/2010.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 9:45 AM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi there

I think you will find that the Hipercor at El Corte Ingles at los Boliches also do a home delivery service for your food, it will be more expensive than Mercadona but will have a much larger choice.

The web link is below with their contact details in English.

http://www.elcorteingles.es/corporativo/centros/andalucia/esp/29d_nuestropadrejesuscautivo3.asp

Hope this helps!

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
06 Jun 2010 4:42 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi chrisdevon 1,  don't know if this is too late and you are already there but  it just occured to me that right next to the train station there is a large supermarket, and also adjacent to to it there is also another Mercadonna, so you can jump right on to the train with your shopping.

regards Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 9:05 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Can anybody help please.

Our son is getting married next August and is going to use our apartment near Manilva as a base to travel around the area taking in a stay at hotels in areas that need more than one day to look around.  Does anybody know of a decent hotel in Ronda as this is one place they would like to stay for more than one day?  Also any ideas on other places around the area that would make for good visiting would be most helpful.

Cheers

Jojan

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 10:14 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jojan - there is a Parador in Ronda which looks amazing!  It is perched on the top of the ravine and I have promised to treat myself to a few nights there sometime.  Very romantic for a honeymoon.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 10:14 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jojan - there is a Parador in Ronda which looks amazing!  It is perched on the top of the ravine and I have promised to treat myself to a few nights there sometime.  Very romantic for a honeymoon.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 10:48 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you I will try and find it on the web.

Jojan

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 11:50 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Hi. There is also a fantastic Parador in Arcos de la Frontera. We have got a house there and I found Arcos to be a great spot from which to explore that part of Andalucia. Short distance from Jerez with the bodegas and horse shows and nice restaurants in the old city. Not to far from Cadiz and about an hour from Seville (which warrants a couple of overnights in itself,of course). The cueva da la pileta is worth checking out as is the Sierra de Grazalema National Park. But that is just as easily done from Ronda. Arcos would be along the way if your son wants to do the circuit up the mountains your way through Ronda and then over to the coast down the Atlantic towards Tarifa.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 12:03 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Oooh that sounds good thank you very much.

Jojan

Like 0      
30 Sep 2010 7:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good pick Cove Robert.

For a deeper sense of andalusian mountains... go to Grazalema.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts
Getaway Earth Update - 0 posts
I'm proud of my nieces, they did this for charity, look! (AND HAD FUN!) - 7 posts
General Heads Up Needed - BARCELONA - 0 posts
New here... old to Spain - 3 posts
wanted - writing bureau - 0 posts
IVA / VAT - an optional tax! - 4 posts
Help! House Falling Down! - 4 posts
Looking for playlist for spanish radio station (Kiss FM) - 7 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - 0 posts
Has anybody eaten at the Fondue Lounge in Elviria? - 4 posts
Sightseeing in Seville... - 6 posts
Habitation certificate - 11 posts
Looking for help - 6 posts
Hi im hoping to move to Ciudad quesada - 4 posts
Nearest ferritea - 2 posts
Arroyo Hondo, Casares - 6 posts
Debtor Sanctions - 2 posts
Margrete Auken and Roger Helmer on ITV - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x