Hi Im JO

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2010 12:00 AM by jorose Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Can anyone advise me.

My house was built 32 Years ago. I purchased the house nine years ago. Two weeks ago I returned home from work to find my water meter had been removed. All bills were paid, but the contract was still in the original owners name. I am unable to change the name on the water contract as I cannot get a certificate of habitation because the house is classed as illegal as the land is rustica and I only have 4,000 square meters not 8,000 square meters. The original owner of the house for reasons unknown cancelled the water contract. I have now been without water for two weeks. Catch 22 situation without a certificate of habition I cannot have my water re-connect. Has anyone been in a simular situation?

Thanks

Like 0      
30 May 2010 12:49 AM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

I, and many others in the Marbella area live in a complex that is not legal, no habitation licence etc. However we all have water etc. When we rented our apartment direct from the developer we had to pay for the water meter to be installed ourselves. Just went to the local water company  with our NIE number and the meter was installed in a few days. I think it was 91 euros. There are hundreds of apartments not legal and they all have water, electricity and telephone.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Endesa news - 6 posts
BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts
insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts
Getaway Earth Update - 0 posts
I'm proud of my nieces, they did this for charity, look! (AND HAD FUN!) - 7 posts
General Heads Up Needed - BARCELONA - 0 posts
New here... old to Spain - 3 posts
wanted - writing bureau - 0 posts
IVA / VAT - an optional tax! - 4 posts
Help! House Falling Down! - 4 posts
Looking for playlist for spanish radio station (Kiss FM) - 7 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - 0 posts
Has anybody eaten at the Fondue Lounge in Elviria? - 4 posts
Sightseeing in Seville... - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x