Beware!!!!! forged notes!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I have just been passed a forged 200€ note by BankInter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......the worse thing is i nevr checked as it was placed in an envelope afetr being counted through one of their machines by the teller!!

I now cannot take it back untill they open again on Monday, what are the chances of them taking it back??????? slim to none i would think!!

My question to anyone in the banking fraternity is....my bank checks every note religously before they will take it....how did Bankinter manage to get it in the first place?

If they do not comply my friendly Guardia Civil officer friend will be bringing his sub machine gun with him when we visit the branch on Monday.....could i denounce them for passing fraudulent bank notes?????

yours

seriously annoyed

(the worst thing was, it was  a terrible forgery.the 200 was missing from the corner of the note!!!!)

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 5:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, I NEVER check the notes when I take cash out from the bank.

Guess it's time to start doing it.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 8:22 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Georgia

You must be so annoyed. but how are you going to prove it tomorrow. I very much doubt they will take your word for it.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 5:12 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

right.........so i managed to get to the branch on the same day as they had extended opening hours.

The response i got from the teller was a shrug of the shoulders!!!!

Next, as i am not leaving untill i get it changed, is a quiet chat with the manager who then tells me it's not their problem as i cannot prove i got it from there, as we spoke a Spanish gentleman that i do business  with came into the branch, i explained that i was about to take hostages and he spoke to the manager to vouch for my integrity (apparently).

So........they now take the note away and come back a few minutes later to say it is not a fake!!!! "well,my bank won't accept it....so yes it is"..... after this went on for a couple minutes i decided to call their bluff and ask "if it's not a fake i will take 2x 100€ instead then", they then cautiously swopped it and i thankfully dissapeared, pronto.....

My bank were absolutely certain 100% it was fraudelent, without any shadow of a doubt.!!

so... a happy ending but did they take it back to save embarassment, because i knew a local man with a large amount of money with them or to stop them becoming the next Waco???

Whatever reason, i was glad to not lose 200€.

The moral of this story, check your cash and all bankers are **********'s

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 5:35 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the update, and good thinking with swapping it for 2 100 notes!

Glad you got it sorted.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 6:42 PM by davethetaller Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Are you sure,  that you have not swapped a fake 200 Euro note, for two fake 100 Euro notes, before you disappeared pronto ?!!!

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 7:49 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Good result

But how are you supposed to check your cash at the bank for forgeries?

Bring a machine or one of those special pens?

The queues are long enough in spanish banks as it is without people spending even longer at the counter!

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 2:48 PM by StevieJ80 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 3:39 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

We got hit with a fifty euro note out of the cash machine in a bank in Crevellente, not prepared to name the bank but it is a Popular Spanish bank with lots of branches over Spain.

We only get our money from the bank as we don't work in Spain, being a fifty and not having larger notes since we bought here we could not have had the note in change, anyway we are sure it came from the bank as our next call was to get diesel for the car at Carefour where they pointed out the dud note.

One of the suits in the branch where we got the dud note told us it is impossible to get forged notes out of the machines as they only fill them with notes direct from the Bank of Spain. At our own branch in Quesada we were told the same by the manager.

Looks like some one at the bank is either changing money for duds or the duds are cominf from the bank of spain.

What do we do, pass it on and become as bad as the bank and the people that printed the dud or take the hit? Pity we don't have a pile of cash to pay into the bank so we can give it them back.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 3:43 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Did the bank check it and confirm it was dud?

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 3:47 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Yes, at two branches of the same bank.

The manager at our branch did try to help out, but head office would not let him change it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fuengirola to Malaga train - 2 posts
Moving To Spain! Advice Please.... - 8 posts
Online Jukebox... - 12 posts
Garage Service and Gestor needed, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Urgent Appeal - Small sandy/white dog – La Zenia (Costa Blanca) - 12 posts
Direct Debit Changes - 5 posts
Bank repossesed property & mortgage - 9 posts
Planning to buy an apartment in Villamartin , TORREVIEJA : Costa Blanca Area - 6 posts
Question for EOS Justin - 2 posts
Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO? - 7 posts
Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Long term rental in and around Barcelona - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x