Murcia airport car hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a good car hire company based at Murcia airport.  All of the ones we've found insist on a full fuel tank at 60 euros or more whatever the vehicle size. We were interested in something like a Peugeot 107 same as I have at home.  I know for a fact you'd be hard pushed to get much more than 30 euros worth in its tank.

Looking forward to holiday - 4 weeks to go

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 9:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi, try Econorent booked through http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/ Full/full fuel, no fuel price upfront, just bring car back full.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 11:11 PM by bhood Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Mojito

Try Coys rentacar form torreviecca They deliver to St Javier and Alicante airports

I have used them 5 times now very clean cars, efficient delivery dervice and no queing at airport

Pay 15 to 30 euros for fuel (depending on model) and return empty

Park at airport and leave parking ticket on dash and post keys through partially open window on departure - hassel free

Hope this helps

Regards Billy

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 11:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

DO CHECK terms & conditions of any company, you could have quite a shock if you have an accident.

DO take out the extra insurance covering underside/tyres/glass/windscreen etc.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 9:48 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Thank you Morerosado and Bhood.  I'l check them out. What a marvellous forum this is!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 11:15 AM by richard4848uk Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Try www.economycarhire.com

I have used them for years.

When getting your quote if you login you can select your car hire company....then look under 'fuel' conditions and see who offers full/full.

Auriga Crown are on full/full at the moment through Economy Car Hire.

Sometimes you might be better paying slightly more for your car hire and taking the full/full hire rather than going for the cheapest car hire and paying an the ridiculous fuel charges.

This message was last edited by richard4848uk on 24/03/2010.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2010 12:37 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Try okcar.co.uk  Then look to use Auriga Crown despite what it says on this website it is full / full. We spoke at the desk in Alicante and they said all their cars for whatever period are on full /full. Change of policy a little while ago. Do take the extra insurance. Well worth it.  Last time I had a lovely sporty Seat Ibiza with alloy wheels and ultra low profile tyres. I managed to attack a pavement with the car and burst the tyre and damaged the wheel. Just put the spare on and took it back to the airport for a replacement. Pity they gave me a 207 and I only had the Seat Ibiza for around 14 hours. At least there was no charge for my stupidity! Kevin

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 9:52 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

We've just collected a car from Hertz at Murcia, booked through www.travelsupermarket.co.uk.  It came with a 1/4 tank of petrol, which we weren't charged for and we need to return it with approx the same.  Only charge on top of what we had paid, was 6 euros a day insurance.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 10:23 AM by yeomans Star rating in We live in Leicester.... 152 posts Send private message

We have always used www.centauro.net at Murcia Airport for the last 4 years and always take the car back with a full tank of petrol.  I think you have to get them to agree to this at the time of booking.  Because we are a regular customer I think it must be on our records that this is what we do but I don't think it is automatic for everyone.  You can only ask.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 11:16 AM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

We always use centauro now they always offer us the choice full return empty, full return full etc.

We had a breakdown last month in Mojacar and following a call to the emergency number a centauro rep called arranging a replacement car. We had lunch in the town and the centauro rep kept us informed of the situation and the new car duly arrived and we were able to continue our journey.

We were impressed before this incident but this just served to reinforce our opinion that they are an excellent company with good customer care in place.

Will continue to use them and have no negative points to offer.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 12:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We always use Centauro too.

Have been gold members for a while now and every time we hire we get points. Last summer had clocked up enough points to get 92 euros off our 2 week hire. Also i forgot my driving licence and they helped out with contacting DVLA to fax over my details so we could have our car. We had full /full for a fortnight or could do the other option if we wanted to. They give you the choice and you just decide when you take the car back. Excellent service.  Also being a Gold member entitles you to an automatic upgrade at no extra cost. So if we book a KA we get a fiesta or similar, worth knowing I think.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 06/04/2010.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 3:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Usually book with HCis as it is full/ full. I am going out at the end of the month for a long weekend and HCis wanted 160€ for 4 days!!! Booked with DoYouSpain instead with Auriga Crown and it is 48€ full/ full for the same period.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 12:16 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Just had a phone call saying that Econorent are pulling out of Murcia airport. Anyone with a booking might want to check their position.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 7:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That would explain why their prices weren't very competitive when I enquired for the end of the month. Bummer, I like their cars, service and ability to beat the check in hall queues 

Mark

Like 0      
09 Apr 2010 4:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just to confirm what Annie21 said, I received this email reply from Hirecarsinspain today:

Unfortunately due to the shortage all the suppliers are having problems getting enough cars so Econorent have decided to move all their cars back to Alicante to enable them to offer enough cars throughout the summer at Alicante. We are working with Dickmanns at Murcia where they offer half full to empty fuel which although not perfect is far better than having to pay for a full tank of fuel. They are a couple of vans down from Econorent so the service is exactly the same which saves time on arrival.

So it looks like another year of high prices and car shortages . Let's hope it sin't as bad as last year with rentals being cancelled on arrival at the airport!

Mark

Like 0      
09 Apr 2010 5:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yes, it looks like Econorent (who I normally use) do have a shortage of cars.  This weekend a smallish car was €310 for 2 weeks.  Going with DYS only €238 which makes the full/full not such an attractive option. 

Trying to book with Econorent from Murcia says no cars are available from April to December so looks like they have pulled out for the rest of the year and the cheapest car at Alicante for July is €570.  Maybe worth looking into driving over in future.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2010 7:59 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They are there until the end of April apparently.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Apr 2010 3:39 PM by Lincath Star rating in Irby, Wirral and Alt.... 20 posts Send private message

Hi

We use Flamenca Cars - flamencarentacar@hotmail.com - they collect you from Murcia airport, and have your car at your destination waiting for you.  We sometimes just use them to collect us from the airport without renting a car from them.

Worth a try.

Regards

Linda

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 11:39 PM by lojnej Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

lojnej´s avatar

try fcrentacar co uk they run out of murcia airport.put dots in between co and uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Long term rental in and around Barcelona - 0 posts
Car sales - 2 posts
Solicitor needed VillaMartin area - 1 posts
Los Alcazares - 7 posts
Gardener required in La Cala area - 2 posts
Learning Spanish in England. - 5 posts
Seafood restaurant - 3 posts
Seafood restaurant - 2 posts
Car hire-Estepona area - 3 posts
Will things ever change? - 17 posts
valle de sol, murcia- pegasus developers - 0 posts
Closing times of Supermarkets in Malaga and Nerja - 2 posts
hire car ibiza - 0 posts
Glad to be back - 0 posts
Show with Maria de Castro - 2 posts
Red days over Easter??? - 2 posts
Kitchen and Bathroom fit - 2 posts
Alicante airport to San Javier - 14 posts
Hurry Up - 41 posts
for sale united golf resort la tercia (murcia) - 0 posts
Curtains/Blinds - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x