any opinions on Formentera del Segura ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2008 3:52 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Gipsy:     As someone with a place in Quesada .....................................no this isn't going to be controversial!!!

To be honest, I don't know enough about life in Quesada - the jury's out at the moment  - as I haven't spent enough time there.  My initial feeling is that I love the house (nice to sit on the balcony at night, views over the salt flats etc - thankfully no mozzies have found their way to my place!!), and love the pool.  Not so sure of the social side though - especially since I don't drink!!  Maybe I haven't looked in the right places.  Am disappointed, though,  that before I bought the house I started Spanish lessons - and four years down the line I find it difficult to find people to "practice on" locally!!  

However, I'm not that keen on Clacton either!! Again great home etc and have many fantastic friends and social life etc (so look below ...home is etc), Clacton has been good to me career wise (happily retired now!!) and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 3:55 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, I agree with the last two comments, I love the village and the community feel about it.   Yes there is a few apartments but I know of  quite a few families that live in these apartments, but a lot just use them as holiday homes. Which works out well for them.                                                                                                                                                                              We would not like to live on a big urbanisation but everyone has choices and it's just as well we are not all the same.            Anyway you all take care Pat

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:05 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Gypsy,
Thanks for your support on this matter.
I might agree with you more if I knew one important thing about you.

Are you Sunderland or Newcastle supporters?

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 12:09 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi Sichez,
I am not a supporter of either of the local teams, or any
team as football is not something that interests me.
Back on the subject of formentera I wish I was there now
but due to commitments it will be sometime next year
before we get to go back to spain.

This is what we have to look foward to for the next few months!!!!!!

GYPSY

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 10:26 PM by debbie 1964 Star rating in Stoke-on-Trent Staff.... 63 posts Send private message

Hi All

We have an apartment at BDM it is absolutely brilliant .The location for us is ideal as we have 3 children ( 8 ,11  and 13 ) so we have the best of both worlds a community and can walk into the village with the children.When we were over last (We stayed for a month in August) there was a local football match in the village which we went to watch and our boys really enjoyed it,even the local police were there watching the game and chatting to the people.It is a very friendly place and would not worry if the boys wanted to go over to the village on there own(they are 13 and 11)
something that I would worry about on holiday in the U.K. We also enjoy going over to the kiosk in the square for a drink in the evenings and HOW CHEAP IT IS.
We had 2 glasses of wine, 2 small beers and 3 cans of coke, 9 euros no I've not made a mistake. Try and get the same in Guadamar for that price.
For us, we could not have bought in a better area with lots to do and see . Can't wait to get back next weekend ,whats the weather like?
So thats our opinion  of Formentera and we found lots of great places locally.Oh one last thing if you need any keys cutting go to the Ferreteria just up from Bar Candy a lovely couple and nothing is too much trouble, we even got our window locks from them and they we 2 euros (each one) cheaper than The Bricco Centre (just past Quesada on the Torrevieja road) infact everything was cheaper and it supports the locals in the village.

Regards

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 11:28 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Debbie, yes we agree with you have been saying this for a long time it seems  we love the village and you are right about the price of everything.   It was a bit of a shock coming back to UK two glasses of vino £8.00  Children seem to enjoy the freedom which does not happen in UK.  Although we are lucky where we are but I would still be wary of letting the grandchildren out on there own.   The square as you say is great and so cheap.  Glad your boys enjoy it there is certainly a lot of sport for them.   It has been raining I have heard but they have  had a hot summer  Not like UK.  Hope to be over soon fingers crossed.    Pat

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 11:51 PM by debbie 1964 Star rating in Stoke-on-Trent Staff.... 63 posts Send private message

Hi Pat & Roy

I dont know where your aptments are ,are you near to us at Brisas Del Mar or are you on the village side?

Regards

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 10:40 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Debbie, yes by the village side, do you know the other football pitch where they have the bullfights and fiesta's, we are just down from there, overlooking the small farm. Not far from Sam's bar and the greengrocer's.    Pat   

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:16 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

Just back from a short visit to the UK, and its not till you get there after living in Formentera that you realise how much nicer it is from the UK.  I felt really depressed when I returned everything is so dull and grey, (not just the weather), If it was not for family living there I dont think I would go back there.

I got back to Spain and it was raining, in fact it has been raining since we got back, but it is still much brighter here, and when I got into Formentera I was upliffted again, with its lovely buildings, friendly locals and warmth. And they though of being HOME.

I definatley think we chose the perfect place to live for our selfs and our children, just need to work out the finance side of things and new friendship and we will have cracked it. 

Still no work for us in and arround where we live and times are getting really hard, hope we get some enquiries soon.

Or if any one out there knows of ANY work at all please let us know.

Bye for now twinmummy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:44 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy, thought you had been quiet lately you came back to the grey old UK, but saying that it has been lovely today and is supposed to be a nice weekend.    A lot of people seem to go back then realise they would rather be in Spain so it is probarly a good thing to do.    So we just need to find you some work a few people I know that have found jobs is word and mouth, all depending what you are willing to do, even if it is just to tide you over for now.   Well we should be over soon so we might see you then.  Take care Pat. 

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:51 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi Pat

Oh believe me when I say I think my OH will take any work on at the moment, just to support our kiddies. It great to be back though.

Twinmummy

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 9:16 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy  
                                     Sorry to hear about the work situation, i hope things pick up for you and your family soon, have you tried leaving your leaflets at the local estate agents offices,  i would try Ian at ultimate developments on the bridge in Rojales he is a very nice guy and might be able to help you.

Regards Alan

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 11:54 PM by debbie 1964 Star rating in Stoke-on-Trent Staff.... 63 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy

Were you on the park on Sunday with your husband and children?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2016 3:55 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

heyhey, just thought I'd revive this old thread.

It's been a few years, but I wonder if the likes of Twinmummumy and other posters that were active on this thread earlier are still around. I still have my apartment in Formentera, although SiChez is now just Si since I've divorced from Chez!

take care, all the best!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2016 1:52 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm still around. We spend 6 months annually in Guardamar with the rest in Somerset. 

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 95

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x