Self Cert Mortgages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by dixie Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi Friends, had a quick skate around the threads but can't fine the answer to this one-do self cert mortgages exist in Spain now?  I was told a few months ago that they didn't but also that Spain was beginning to widen its range of mortgages. I have a true self cert (ie. no proof of income requested) interest only on the family home as I'm self employed.   If I complete on my off plan, which will be Summer '09 at the earliest, I would need a self cert on that too.

Any advice gratefully received-as always!

Cheers,

Dixie

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:07 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Dixie,

Depends what you mean by Self Employed? If you can supply copies of your accounts for say 3 years and have them certified by a qualified accountant I wouldn't see a problem? I'm fairly sure you would probably have to supply details of tax returns as well I would expect? Spanish banks I understand are taking a harder line with "Dodgy" Income certification!

It may be worth approaching a Uk bank with a Spanish presence, Barclays or the Halifax banks for instance but as Smiley would probably confirm they  must also operate under Spanish Rules.

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:07 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Duplicated!

This message was last edited by miket on 4/15/2007.

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:04 AM by dixie Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Well I won't have been self employed (I'm a consultant) for quite 3 years by then and my current income covers my UK mortgage only.  I would only be looking at a mortgage in Spain if I can't sell before completion.  I guess I would need a buy to let, based on rental income.  Here that isn't a problem, but once again, do those mortgages exist in Spain?  Basically if I can sell on before completion I will buy a little place outright that will become my long term 2nd home.

Thanks,

Dixie

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 11:17 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Dixie,

Buy to Let mortgages don't exist in Spain as yet. Banks base their lending levels on your net annual earned income minus any current mortgage payments. They also appear to be clamping down on applicants using Internet sites who offer false P60 and Payslip data!

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 12:42 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

NO SUCH THING AS BUY TO LET IN SPAIN AND I DONT THINK EVER WILL BE. GB BANKS WITH SPANISH PRESENCE PROBABLY THE WORST MIKE T AS THEY ARE THE ONES THAT WILL DOT ALL THE I'S AND CROSS ALL THE T'S AND CREDIT SEARCH ETC - CAN GET 65% OF VALUE ON TRUE SELF CERT - RATES AND START UP COSTS HIGH - CAN GO TO 70% OF VALUE IF THE CORRECT DOCUMENTATION CAN BE PROVIDED BY YOUR ACCOUNTANT AND YOUR BANK - RATES NOT BAD START UP COSTS OK TOO

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:52 PM by dixie Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info. I think I need to sell on (if I can - another thread) before completion.  MRI of course told me that anyone can get a mortgage in Spain as long as you earn something!  I didn't believe them but wasn't too worried as I knew I had no intention of completing.  I'm investing in the UK too, so who knows, I may have a much bigger bank balance in 2009.  I hope so!

Cheers guys.

Dixie

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 7:02 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
At this stage Dixie perhaps not inclined to worry too much - wonder why MRI seemed to think that lenders here dont follow any sort of checking procedure - funny as they have their own in house mortgage "club" called Capital Financial Partners or something like that - perhaps they thought that if you thought there would be a problem getting the mortgage you might not invest and they would not earn their commission or am I just being too much of a cynic?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 7:54 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
You a cynic? You've only been in Spain for 4 years, how could you possibly be cynical!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
As well you know my dear Rixxy I am the eternal cynic - came out of the womb that way! Actually it was a little later but might as well have been at initial entry into the world!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:11 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I guess for youthe glass is always half empty then as opposed to half full?

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Abso positively as well you know - never been able to be positive in such a negative world?????

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:14 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Actually my glass is never half anything - its either full or it is empty there is no middle ground - when its full it needs to be emptied and when its empty it needs to be filled up again

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Sounds perfect to me. Good logic there Smiley. Is the world that negative really??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Outside of this forum I reckon it might be - never had a problem with that myself - self starter (or early starter at a Little Chef) I think they call it in the UK - learned from an early age that if I didnt pull my finger out then nobody else would do it for me - no use cryin over spilt milk - with the assassins I had to contend with last night its a good job my specs have rose tinted lenses otherwise I would have slit my wrists as they were ganging up on me - but today was another bright sunny day - then again even when its not a sunny start to the day I always know the next  one will be just that little bit brighter

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
What a lovely outlook you have. Sorry if I got to you last night, would hate you to think I would want to assasinate you!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Always try to be cheerful even in the face of overwhelming odds - could have been born into far worse circumstances so count my blessings every day

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 8:40 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Igualmente Snr Smiley

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:58 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Look you two and you know who you are? This is a thread about mortgages NOT a Rixxy and Smiley having a cynical Heart to Heart!!

Go On off you go............................Get back to your Chit Chat thread....

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 10:43 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Oh Mike youre a spoilsport - you know what a masochist I am - was hoping to get a rollicking from she who must be obeyed - just my rebellious streak - think the self cert question had been answered so had moved on to while away  the hours

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts
purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x