any opinions on Formentera del Segura ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2008 12:49 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Kate,
Last sentence of my previous post should have read
WILL LEAVE IT UP TO YOU TO DECIDE.

coolyes

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 9:35 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi to all in Formentera

We have been coming here for 5yrs now and have had our apartment for 3yrs.  We love the village and although yes a car is nice you can get around without one as we have done.  In the village is everthing you could want ie butchers bakers chemist, small and large supermarkets and around 15bars, some selling Tapas and others ie Trasgu, Candy, Manos, Liffey etc which sell meals. 

For a change you can walk into Beniojar Benimar Rojales Almoradi and Quesada.

Hope to meet more of you soon

sichez

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 11:02 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Sichez, yes you are correct  village has expanded but still lovely. I love the butcher with the big shop tiled floor and the chair's the Spanish sit in after placing their order and sit and have a chat with each other she is so lovely in their when you buy something you always get extra's..    I also like the two Spanish  bar's by the Liffey bar's very friendly.  Yes you are right you can get around without a car, but I did hire one for a week and went to a few places but that was enough for me.  Cannot wait to get back  can I ask where you are in the village.    Pat

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 4:59 PM by *kate* Star rating in Wolverhampton UK/For.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi to Pat & Roy and all in Formentera,

I haven't been out to my apartment since last year due to circumstances, but am comming out at the end of August.  Can you tell me where Liffeys is and the two spanish bars by it?  I know Trasgu and bar candy.  I am also in Letizia (football pitch side)  is the bar open on the oposite corner to my apartment as it was nearly finished last time i was there? Any info on places to eat e.g tapas bars greatly apreciated.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 7:02 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Kate,
Liffeys bar and the spanish bars either side are on the main road.
If you are driving from rojales they are on the right hand side of
the road in the same building as the new supermarket SUPERVALU.
They are the first big building you come to just before you actually get to the village.
Also the bar near you is now open and it is called SAMS BAR.We are actually
in the same building as you, we are on the fields side. There are approx 14
bars in the village, The best ones we think are TRASGU, CANDYS,AND EL
PANTANICOS. Anymore info wanted just send me a P.M.Going to have  a
now.

coolyes

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 10:17 AM by *kate* Star rating in Wolverhampton UK/For.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi Formentera Costa,

Thanks for the info, is El Pantanicos new? and where abouts is it?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 10:52 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Kate,
El pantanicos is on the main road, it is in the same building as
Caja Rural Bank..The bus stand to Rojales is next to it , as is the
yellow post box.It is typical spanish, the people are nice and they
do nice tapas. very good prices also.

coolyes

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 4:31 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

just got back from a great 17 days in Formentera del Segura.

Out of the 20-ish bars and resturants, there's a mixture of good, bad and indifferent ... thankfully, most are good!

Amongst our regular haunts are Trasgu, Bar Eden and Bar Candy. Most nights end up with an hour or so in the village square where the ice-cream parlour cum bar sees healthy numbers of thirsty holiday-makers and local, alike.

We ventured into Bar San Miguel (in the shadow of the church itself) and was delighted to be offered home-made and home-grown tapas by the charming manageress. After some three years, we managed to find open the bar attached to El Panto restaurant. Friendly service, decent prices and a nice-looking menu, too.

Our last night was spent at a great party in the bar by the municipal pool. So many of our British and Spanish friends were there, it was difficult getting round everyone! Tapas, music, warm weather, cold drinks, good company .. what more could anyone ask for?

As usual, the locals take to you very kindly if you make (even a little) effort in speaking the language. Those that can't be bothered find themselves asking why the Spanish are so "off-ish" with them, when they only have themselves to blame.

Formentera is a fantastic place, and I will never let anyone convince me otherwise.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 6:09 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Sichez, Glad you enjoyed yourself great weather as well I hear.    You are making me quite homesick now I really love it their as soon as we arrive I feel a sense of peace and tranquility for some reason.     We have never eaten in El Panto  will give it a try next time we are over.                                                                                                                                                                                       We love it that everyone is so friendly we have met so many people that email us and phone.    We love the Spanish families and their children we have got to know.  They have such a different life to the children in UK, going back in time I suppose.   Well now you are back to the good old British weather, rude awakening.                                                                                 Pat

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 6:33 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Hi All.
I have also been into the town hall and asked for brochure for our
Fiestas this month, was told they will probably be in by the end of this
week.I have also been told that the fiestas start round about the
15th, I think it goes on for about 2-3 weeks.Me and my O.H. were
going back to england on the 16th Aug but have changed flights and
are now staying for fiestas till end of the month.May meet up with some
of you.

GYPSY

Like 0      
03 Aug 2008 7:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Won't be meeting me, Gypsy, we arrive September 1st.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:15 AM by gavin.hughes Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hey all you Formentera lovers that love Spanish bars. You love them but do any of you actually have the decency to actually speak spanish in them??? Porque pienso que no hablais castellano. No creo. Y esta. Tengo ganas de conoceros. Hasta luego :)

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:25 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I think "decency" is the wrong adjective. I think people try to whatever standard of Spanish they know.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:40 AM by gavin.hughes Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Perhaps, that may be true but I am saying that some people have no knowledge of Spanish. I have heard "spanglish" been spoken in Spanish bars eg. dows serveses por favr( involving hand movements that make no sense). Hablas espanol? Creo que no,pero, ensena me que no.Espero tu respuesta. Hasta luego :) 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 11:19 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Gavin, we certainly do try and speak Spanish especially when ordering drinks and food I say it all in Spanish,  in fact Paula in the Trasgu will not take our order if I dont say it in Spanish, how right she is. for that is how I have learnt and I try and converse with Matey.     Pat

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 4:18 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Re formentera del segura.
I have been coming here quite a lot over the last 3 years.
First renting in the village while my place was getting built, now in my
own apartment,resident soon (I hope) when english property sells.
Has anyone seen any rats in the daytime.??
I have just read a post belonging to More who said she saw a one
in june near the market by TRASGU PUB.. I must say I have NEVER seen
a one all the time I have come here.I love the village and the people so
I hope anyone reading about this rat is not put off coming to this
beautiful and friendly village.

coolyes

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 5:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
There are rats all over Spain & other countries in towns, not just around the Trasgu bar area in Formentera, just wanted to say that. Just because no one sees them it doesn't mean they're not about. Wherever there's food they'll be there somewhere especially so near open ground too. 

It's like here, where we live in the UK, we see foxes, mainly on Sunday nights after dark as people put their rubbish out & the foxes rip open the bags scavenging for titbits.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 6:39 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

fao Gavin Hughes.

One suspects that you're a bit of a snob.

That is all.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 6:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Sichez, you took the words right out of my mouth, & many others I suspect.

Best to just leave it I've found over the 2 - 3 years I've been posting on forums rather get into a scrap situation. 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 9:54 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

RE FORMENTERA..
I do agree that there are probably rats in nearly every country
in the world, but I dont think it is right that someone should
post such remarks about a place they do not even live in or near.
The post about the rat was even in the no doom, gloom ect thread.Bit  ironic
really.!!!!

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 95

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x