Great Places to Walk Dogs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Lizkitt Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

I am moving to Marbella in June for 6 months and was wondering if there were any great parks, national parks to walk the dogs?

I currently live in Hampshire and we love going to the New Forest, Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Queen Victoria Counry Park, Bere Forest etc ... and am really keen to make sure that we have great places to go at the weekends.

Elizabeth

Like 0      
17 Apr 2007 11:51 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Lizkitt

I apologise that no-one in the Marbella area has responded to your question yet.

Maybe they are all out walking their dogs!

Seriously though, we own in Costa Blanca, so can't comment on the Costa Del Sol area.

However, there are plenty of "Parc Naturelle" (I think that's how it's spelt), in Spain.

This would be the place to take your dog for long walks.

Be English though and take a pooper scooper  and bag with you!

The Spanish don't and it's not very nice to come across doggy doo doo's in these beautiful natural areas within Spain!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 5:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Parque Nacional de Doñana is the other side of Cadiz, maybe a bit far for a weekend walkies. Google it, you'll probably find loads of info. I would check the rules on taking dogs into National Parks first though.

I think most public beaches ban doggies, at least in the summer months, which is a shame really because they do so love the sand, and probably cause far less damage to the environment than us bi-peds. If it's not too far for you, there are some truly magnificent stretches of deserted (even in summer) beach and dunes just the other side of Tarifa, where you will probably not be bothered.

(P.S. Don't bother going to Cape Trafalgar looking for any sort of memorial to all the poor sailors who lost their lives there - there's NOTHING............maybe because the Spanish LOST!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts
Help with route/car - 17 posts
The Smiley & Rixxy (& friends) outlet, go for it .. in here guys. - 54 posts
Tell me the truth. - 5 posts
Urban Leonardo Da Vinci La Zenia Phase 2 - 0 posts
Air Conditioning - 0 posts
Antequera - 1 posts
Nature Caravaca de la Cruz - 0 posts
Mark Bond - 0 posts
NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON! - 48 posts
Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x