Floods in Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

As we have seen all over Spain the floods from the torrential rain the past few months have been causing lots of problems .... here is our local TV station - Manilva TV - showing some of the damage caused this weekend .... as you can see several households/urbanisations have been evacuated and moved to a local apart/hotel due to the damage caused to houses and roads, and several roads have simply collapsed altogether .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBiSW5QFKY&feature=player_embedded

It's at times like these that we are reminded of how lucky we are (those of us whose houses have not been damaged). I hope everyone who has been affected by the storms can move on in the future ..... it will be very difficult, and I know it doesn't help much, but our thoughts are with you xx

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 5:44 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Damage caused by floods in Manilva has been on national news as well!!

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 5:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Why is the news showing  the Youtube of the cat & the printer that I put on this thread >>> Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ...  

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:04 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

ooops - sorry More - I had been looking at your funny clip and must have somehow left the link on my paste board  (It was very funny tho')

The correct link is here: (For some reason I am unable to edit my previous post!)

http://www.manilvalife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12991

ps - Glad to see you back More! xx

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 09/03/2010.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:06 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Why is Manilva news showing a cat on a table playing with a printer?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:07 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Jet it seems we were posting at the same time ... sorry!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Excuse me for laughing at such a serious thread but I thought my netbook was having a mad moment & I rebooted.

Edited to add: Goes to show Nati didn't click link.......................

This message was last edited by morerosado on 09/03/2010.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:33 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Well Lizzie, I think the cat playing with the printer is probably more cheerfull so maybe a Freudian slip on your part. We're comming over thursday what with the reports on todays news of the snow in Catalunia and the rain on Costa Del Sol the missus is a getting paranoid about comming. Do you think we need to bring a canoe if we want to visit the market on Sunday?

Bob

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:48 PM by Kevin B Star rating in Kent and Duquesa. 34 posts Send private message

" Do you think we need to bring a canoe"

think you may need one..

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

There's a Facebook page HERE that shows lots of photos of the destruction.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 7:16 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Kevin I think we'll probably need waders as a minimum, never mind the fishing must be on the up and up, good picture thanks.

Morerosado those pics look like there taken in Chile, I can only feel so sorry for the owners.

Bob

This message was last edited by Jet48 on 09/03/2010.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 9:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, it's been really bad.  The first we heard of it was when we were watching "España en Directo" on TVE1.  It was strange to think that the TV crews were just around the corner at the moment.

The reain has been so bad but I think the damage caused to some of those houses was caused by the main water supply breaking and it all flushed under those houses.

Terrible really and I hear one lady owner has no insurance...and has no home now.

I've never known anything like it.  I am very grateful that our house is still standing!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Mar 2010 8:51 AM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

Coming down from Bilbao last weekend I have never seen so much floodwater in fields in the 8 years I have been coming up and down that road.Heavy rain in the North,snowing over the Somosierras and an area between Madrid and Albacete which at this time of year is normally showing the early growth of Spring barley was flooded as far as the eye could see.It was like looking out across the Med.Hundreds of thousands of hectares of arable land totally underwater.You can bet the barley and wheat prices will be high later this year.

Jimbo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts
A resale purchase - 0 posts
Apple I Mac for Sale. 2 months old. - 1 posts
problem with powder coated railings - 1 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts
semana santa - 1 posts
Empty Van Returning to UK 26th March - 0 posts
Residency: Pros and cons? - 10 posts
market stall - 7 posts
SKY+ BOX WITH FREEVIEW CARD - 8 posts
Spanish Language Immersion Courses - 3 posts
what is a ferreterias??? - 7 posts
Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport - 1 posts
moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x