3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi

We're looking for a spacious 3-4 bed house to rent long term. Can be anywhere west of Estepona to Alcaidesa - but at realistic rent. Something older would be considered, as well as new builds.

We would wish to rent indefinitely (well, probably two years at least). We own an apartment in Duquesa but need a house to live in.

(As an example, we looked at townhouses in Galera - just behind the English shop there? - and they were a little small, as were the 3 beds at Vizcaronda, unless they have a converted basement).  We need space, not facilities or built in sound systems!

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 12:19 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Pitby,

What sort of size you looking for then?

An Aircraft hanger maybe (lol).

Sorry! Being serious for a mo, if you reckon Vizcaronda's 3 beds are small, then you are obviously looking for a very large property, and I would go on to say something well over 200m2 util (which is the size of our townhouse at Vizcaronda).. in fact probably something around 300m2 util or bigger.

I don't know of any townhouses that big in Manilva area, but Justin might. 

Just wondering if maybe you should look at a villa Estepona way, as I seen some really nice big ones around there.

Having said that, not all the properties are the same here at Vizcaronda. Some are only duplexes and have a penthouse aprtatment above them, so they don't have a nice roof terrace, and also some of the townhouses are much smaller than ours.

So out of idle curiosity, which ones did you look at and did you see any of the 4 beds here?

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 09/03/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 12:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi Colin

I looked at an empty 3 bed terrace, in the middle somewhere, along from a small pool (can't remember the number) and then looked at the showhouse (on the roadside up the top).  The showhouse was ok, because they had converted the basement/garage area and put a room down there.  But generally, in the empty one I looked at, I found the bedrooms small and the living area a bit small - but I suppose I'm used to a big villa in Dubai and I have to downsize a bit!!  But that's gonna mean getting rid of half my furniture!!  The 4 beds are out of our price range unfortunately!

I have found one townhouse in Bahia las Rocas, which I think was fine, but my husband wasn't over impressed!!  Back to the drawing board!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 12:31 PM by dogs Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

What kind of rent would you be comfortable with?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 4:41 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hi Pitby

I live in Manilva Heights/Royal Manilva in the pueblo - it is a development of two and three bed houses and the 3 beds are quite large ... they also have a basement which could easily be converted to a fourth double bedroom. Personally as we don't need 4 bedrooms we haven't converted ours but I know some who have.

I think the overall inside space is around 250-260sqm .... 300+ inc outside space. I'm sure I've seen a couple of 3/4 bed houses up for rent - if you're interested I will make a note of the tel numbers tonight and I will post them here tomorrow.

The community fees are very cheap (our house is one of the largest and is around 50 euros pm!) and the urb has a pool and secure underground parking and every house has a couple of terraces and a roof terrace  .... the only thing I don't know is how much people are asking for rent!

Let me know if you're interested and I will post the numbers that are advertised outside the individual houses ..... I should point out that at the moment just under half of the houses are occupied - although the developer does actually pay the community charges for the houses either not sold, or those still without occupation licences, so the communal areas/gardens and lighting are maintained. Personally I prefer it this way (it's quiet at the moment), but I suppose it may all change (in a couple of years when/if the market recovers!!!) 

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 9:46 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Some friends of ours rented a new townhouse in Costa Galera.  It was a really good size and even had a lift in it.  I think they paid 1,000 Euros per month.

Most townhouses are actually quite small.  We looked at loads before we bought ours.  Some apartments are bigger than townhouses!

In fact the first house we rented was a joke.  It was so small and cramped we couldn't swing out cats in it.

Good luck in your search.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 9:57 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I've just looked at in Costa Galera at €700pm - although was told that the lift was an extra 30€ per month if you wanted it working!!

I've found a really spacious one in Bahia las Rocas at €800pm, but don't want to commit until I see what's out there!  It's not going anywhere anyway, because there are 30 odd houses all empty on the development!  That's straight from the developer.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:24 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hi Pitby

I'm sorry, but it seems the rental signs have been taken down .... there are only for sale signs now!

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 7:01 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Ah-ha!

Sounds like you looked around with the developer or someone that only shows the units still available via the developer, as they are trying to push the smaller units.

I know someone who did have larger 3 beds and also 4 beds at around the same as what you said in your last post.

Will make some enquiries tonight for you and will PM you with a contact number.

By the way, I looked at our Escritura and the util size is over 200m2 without the garage and the terraces!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 7:07 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

buzylizzie, thanks for looking for me.

techno, I looked with Frank (the developer/project manager I believe), so yes, didn't see any that are private owned and up for rent.  If you do find any for rent privately, would be interested in looking again.  Obviously, unfurnished!

Thanks guys!

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 11:40 PM by kernow24 Star rating. 105 posts Send private message

We have a 4 bed, 3 bath townhouse at Vista de la Roca.  End terrace nearest the communal pool.

We have a bit of work carry out before renting due to previous bad tennants.

Could be available in approx 4 weeks  if you are interested.

Please PM me for more information and rental if you are interested.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts
A resale purchase - 0 posts
Apple I Mac for Sale. 2 months old. - 1 posts
problem with powder coated railings - 1 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts
semana santa - 1 posts
Empty Van Returning to UK 26th March - 0 posts
Residency: Pros and cons? - 10 posts
market stall - 7 posts
SKY+ BOX WITH FREEVIEW CARD - 8 posts
Spanish Language Immersion Courses - 3 posts
what is a ferreterias??? - 7 posts
Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport - 1 posts
moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts
Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa) - 3 posts
Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts
Marbella to England - 0 posts
property to rent - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x