Spanish Language Immersion Courses

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Has anyone done and can recommend a Spanish immersion course, residential or non-residential, please?  We need to fast-track our language learning, and are looking for a one-two week course in Spain.  Thank you,  Donna 

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
06 Mar 2010 8:56 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Donna,

I can't recommend an actual course but I found a series of podcasts from a web site called Coffee break Spanish very useful. Each podacat is about 20 minutes long and covers a particular subject each time. You can even download them onto your i-pod and learn at your leisure. I think there is about 80 sessions in all.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Like 0      
06 Mar 2010 10:07 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We did a one week intensive course with Mester in August last year in Granada.

It was absolutely brilliant.

The first half of the morning was grammar & the second half, conversation. They organised cultural events such as tours of the city, Spanish Film evening, Lectures etc.

If you wanted to, you could buy extra lessons after the classes finished, otherwise you were done by about 1pm, apart from some homework each day but it only took about 30 minutes to do.

Would I do it again? - Absolutely

What would I do differently? - I would do longer than a week & rather than staying in an apartment, I would stay in a Spanish family home. Those that chose the latter option were very complimentary about the accommodation & also the benefits of having to speak to the hosts in Spanish.

Hope that helps but if you need any more info, please feel free to ask.

Noreen 

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 06/03/2010.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Mar 2010 5:44 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for both for both these comments.  We have heard Coffe Break Spanish, and it's excellent, as are some of the BBC Spanish language courses such as Mi Loca Vida on the BBC languages website.

Noreen- the Mesters Course looks really good, and it's a good price.  I don't think they're doing it in Granada now, though.  We noted your comments about staying with a host family, and would probably do that rather than stay in an apartment.  

Very best wishes,

Donna 

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

what is a ferreterias??? - 7 posts
Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport - 1 posts
moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts
Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa) - 3 posts
Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts
Marbella to England - 0 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Fees payable to Administrator - 4 posts
Parking Ticket - 1 posts
Costs seem very high to change mortgage to interest only for two years - 2 posts
Car Hire costs in Summer - 9 posts
Message for Justin, your Holiday rental listing - 2 posts
Internet Security - 17 posts
Above Ground Pools - 6 posts
Please please help me. - 7 posts
DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD - 3 posts
Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts
Urbaser (Water Fault) - 4 posts
Guadelest restaurant - 3 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but... - 2 posts
LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x