Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I am moving to majorca the end ov April, dispite the "credit crunch"... I have hopfully got a secured job and also has my boyfriend. We have put a deposit on the apartment we have seen back in feb.We are planning on 6 months first off and seeing how we go....

I was going to  put it off until next year, i then thought " you only live once".....

I just need a few pointers of what not to forget..... i need to  take a case over in March and i honestly do not know what to take!! Apart from clothes and bedding??

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and also re assurance i am doing the right thing..xx

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 6:11 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Welcome to the site, rach123.  Hope you get a lot of good information from the mainly helpful people on this site.

We have had property in Spain for some 10 years now and are moving over permanently in a few weeks or so.  Little bit more wrinkly than you as we are retiring there so won't be looking for jobs etc.  We looked at Majorca some time ago as we loved most of the island.  It was a bit expensive for us then as the Germans appeared to have nabbed most of the good property and prices were a bit out of our range so we moved to the Costa Blanca instead, which we love.

You will find a lot of people returning to UK, although not as many as some would like to have you think.  The big upheaval is, of course, the crashing pound which has made Spain a lot more expensive for those on UK incomes.  In your case, I assume you are working for a Spanish concern, this probably won't make much difference to you as you will be paid in euros (? sorry if I assumed wrongly).

What to take with you?  Well, electrical goods are quite expensive in Spain so make sure you take a kettle, coffee maker, toaster, hair dryer etc.  Anything you take for normal in UK.  TVs etc are coming down to UK prices in Spain so you don't need the big things but definitely the smaller items.  If you have a job in Spain, you should be on the social security so your healthcare should be taken care of.  If not, look into private healthcare which should be affordable at your age.  Remember, even in Majorca, it can get cold in the winter so a quilt (again, fairly expensive in Spain compared to UK) would be a good thing to pack (get one of those space saver bags to pack it in).  Blankets etc are not so bad in Spain but it is also difficult to get a good set of sheets so think on those as well.

Best of luck with your move.  Hope it all works out for you and have a happy life in the Balearics.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 8:46 PM by lincolnburrows Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 9:08 PM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Thank you guys....

I dont beleve i even only just thought about getting money changed over lol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts
Marbella to England - 0 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Fees payable to Administrator - 4 posts
Parking Ticket - 1 posts
Costs seem very high to change mortgage to interest only for two years - 2 posts
Car Hire costs in Summer - 9 posts
Message for Justin, your Holiday rental listing - 2 posts
Internet Security - 17 posts
Above Ground Pools - 6 posts
Please please help me. - 7 posts
DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD - 3 posts
Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts
Urbaser (Water Fault) - 4 posts
Guadelest restaurant - 3 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but... - 2 posts
LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts
Richard_Quest@rocketmail.com - 6 posts
Air conditioning - 9 posts
Hi does anyone live in the costa de le luz - 2 posts
chasing rental enquiries - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x