Which is the best way?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar
Due to redundancy we are now moving to Spain earlier than we had planned, we intent to hire a van and drive to our house in Murcia.

Can anyone advise of the best route, and how long the drive will take, we will be bringing our dog so if we need to take a break do most motels etc allow dogs?

Is it better to drive from Calais or take the boat to Spain?

Any advice would be welcome.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 1:54 PM by Beebop Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

I have driven many times to the Murcia region in a car & van; personally I would go via Calais and it takes about 24hours nonstop, but i would recommend at least one overnight stop about midway, It’s a fantastic drive and the scenery is breathtaking.
I usually go via Amiens to Paris to Orléans A7, Toulouse, and Barcelona A7 to Valencia then N340 N430 avoiding Alicante to Mercia
I strongly recommend a good sat nav with European maps and traffic messages

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 8:02 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

This subject has been covered many times before, a check back  through some of the pages might help. Everyone has their own preferences so it is hard to give open advice that meets your particular requirements.

We drive down regularly and have brought our cat with us several times. We use the western France route which is virtually free of tolls, unlike that from beebop which adds up to around a hundred euros or so. we usually stop twice overnight, we have done it with only one stopover but found it hard going. Our route comes down past Bordeaux into Spain and then Pamplona , Zaragosa and then picking up the new A23 dual carriageway which is free and comes all the way down to Sagunt just above Valencia.

If you fancy this route I will give you more info if you pm me

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Definition of Community Costs - 7 posts
CHAIN SAW FOR SALE NEW HALF PRICE - 0 posts
House embargo - 13 posts
Honest opinion please - 11 posts
Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts
Looking for an apartment to rent - 6 posts
Andalucia to UK - 0 posts
Stelios and O'Leary...At each others throats...Again... - 3 posts
Wanted: 3 month let in S.Valencia - ASAP - 1 posts
Second Hand Furniture in Murcia Region - 0 posts
mariadecastro - 4 posts
La Cala Procession - 1 posts
Pure Breed horse and donkey company in severe problems, please help! - 3 posts
HELP - what do I need to be prepaired? - 2 posts
White goods wanted MM02 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x