Honest opinion please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by eak Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Can anyone help please.  I am looking for honest impartial opinions regarding the work carried out by Maria del Castro.  Having been stung twice before by other Spanish lawyers I am becoming paranoid about my sense of judgement.

Only impartial replies please.

Thank you

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 9:05 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

I have sent you a PM.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 9:49 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Can't speak more highly of her, think she is the only honest Spanish Lawyer out there;

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 11:45 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I haven't had to employ Maria's company personally but all I can say is that Maria has provided me with answers to numerous questions, all without charge via pm's sent through this forum.

She is always very quick to respond with advice, to posts on this forum & I know that if the need did ever arise, it would be Maria that I would look to for legal services.

In my opinion, she is honest, hard working & has her clients interests at heart.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 12:02 AM by mlaw Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

I pulled out of a purchase in Spain in 2006 and got better free advice from Maria than the lawyer I was Paying.If I every dreamed about buying again she would be the only one I used. She has given free advice on this forum for years. I would highly recommend her

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 12:28 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

thank you all for backing Maria up, used her myself and if I ever needed advice she is the first person I would turn to with 100 % confidence.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 11:56 AM by Jane68 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I find it very comforting to read your opinions on Maria....

But...i would just like to add there is other honest realiable ''spanish'' lawyers out there.

Jane x

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 1:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Of course there are! There are plenty, plenty of them! Plenty of great, decent, better prepared than me lawyers in Spain!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 03/03/2010.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 2:20 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Maria is right.

It is just that there seems to have been rather a concentration of badly performing, unprofessional and negligent lawyers, swayed by greed and corruption, in the areas where foreigners were rapidly purchasing property.

I too have become paranoid about the honesty of people and also my judgement in making decisions. When a lawyer lies and sets out to mis-lead  you  on such a relatively straight forward task as a house purchase it is the same as if your mother has lied to every childhood question you ever put to her.

Who can you trust? 

This message was last edited by sandra on 03/03/2010.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 7:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes Sandra. You mentioned the key:

There has been a concentration of badly performing, unprofessional and negligent lawyers, swayed by greed and corruption, in the areas where foreigners were rapidly purchasing property.

But Spain has a great legal tradition, with very good Lawyers, Law Proffessors and Judges. Believe me.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 9:28 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I think one of the biggest problems is the sleepy judges because they should be the creme de la creme of the profession and these sleepy judges need to wake up and smell the coffee and appreciate the injustice suffered by so many foreign people at the mercy of the Spanish courts.

I asked a question today to a Spanish lawyer which was does the judge favour the Spanish national over the "stupid" foreigner - of course I was told to stop asking stupid questions - of course not? but I am not so sure?

The Spanish law colleges need to combine and regulate their members and then we need to weed out all those non-qualified professionals who pretend to be lawyers when they are nothing but, at best, glorified gestorias. One typical example was the great Jose Luis Maseda who mortgaged all his clients property and made off with the money. (Benalmadena)

The Police are too slow to act on complaints and the slowness of their investigation means these type of people have months to plan their getaway. This also applies to judges who delay in handing down judgement and then it's too late the assets have vanished!

Spains repuation is in shreds. There is little point saying you have good professors because the proof of the pudding is in the eating!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 9:49 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You are right Faro. Judges are key within the judicial and legal system. You are completely right.

Many things need to be improved.

Many Judges are already working for this cause, if that brings to you some relief. Many of them consider the Judicial Power  is politicized and that there is a clear lack of independence. The main organization of Judges working for this cause has already 600 members.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 04/03/2010.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts
Looking for an apartment to rent - 6 posts
Andalucia to UK - 0 posts
Stelios and O'Leary...At each others throats...Again... - 3 posts
Wanted: 3 month let in S.Valencia - ASAP - 1 posts
Second Hand Furniture in Murcia Region - 0 posts
mariadecastro - 4 posts
La Cala Procession - 1 posts
Pure Breed horse and donkey company in severe problems, please help! - 3 posts
HELP - what do I need to be prepaired? - 2 posts
White goods wanted MM02 - 0 posts
Looking for a beautiful holiday apartment in Marbella area? - 0 posts
mobile phones - 4 posts
Nursing and care staff wanted – Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Selling email addresses? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x