Renting in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by jontie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello,me and my wife are in our sixties,and would like to find a long term rental in Spain.Can anyone advise us on the best areas to start  looking.  Many thanks Jontie

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 12:28 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jontie and welcome to the forum!

You are really spoiled for choice, as there are lots of properties available at the moment up and down the coast - and inland as well.  Because it is so difficult to sell at the moment, there are lots of rental properties available at really good prices.

The first thing you need to decide is whether you want to be on the coast on an expat community or whether you would rather be inland in a more traditional spanish area.  There are many expat communities on the Costa del Sol and the Costa Blanca.   Once you decide on an area it will be much easier to move forward.

Do keep us posted!

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 12:33 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

To aid in your search there we have lots of rentals listed on the site here in the long term rentals section.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 2:01 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I'd put my car on a ferry and spend a month rooting around getting a feel for the country. Personally, I'd take the ferry to Santander, drive over to Zamora or Salamanca, then down the fabulous Via de la Plata route practically all the way to the Costa del Sol. Then I'd work my way up along the coast, a couple of hours a day behind the wheel. Find a hotel each day in time for a menu del dia and a siesta. Do it on spec. No need to book anything. Plenty of good inexpensive hotels.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 8:35 AM by seadweller Star rating in Netherlands. 2 posts Send private message

seadweller´s avatar

Hi everyone, I've just joined the website. I'm heading to Javea on the Costa Blanca in April to start a long term rental agreement with the idea of buying a property in the future.

I must admit there are some excellent properties available and most of the ones that my agent sourced for me had most of what I wanted.

I hope that this time next year I will be convinced that I have done the right thing and I'm looking forward to a new way of life.

Good luck Jontie with your search.  

This message was last edited by seadweller on 31/01/2010.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 2:58 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi jontie

I have quite a few rental properties that may suit you  check ot our website

cheers

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 6:11 PM by jontie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Claire T Many thanks for your help,much appreciated.All the best Jontie

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 6:18 PM by jontie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.All the best     Jontie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

buying a car in murcia - 3 posts
Satellite dish wanted - 2 posts
Setting up Business in Spain - 4 posts
Recent Article in the "Leader" newspaper - 0 posts
Remortgage ? - 2 posts
Boats - 0 posts
good background info about spain? - 0 posts
The Humble Cucumber - 9 posts
Vacancies - 0 posts
debtors within the community - 4 posts
Serious Debt!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Problem with an owner of a ren - 2 posts
Hab cert - 2 posts
Events and activities in the area - 0 posts
NIE - 2 posts
ANY GOOD PAINT SUPPLIERS NEAR CIUDAD QUESADA? - 3 posts
Sign the petition for Dog Parks! - 2 posts
Shipping items To Spain: What Fees, Paperwork ? - 8 posts
Mortgage 4 Spain - 2 posts
Legal costs - 4 posts
Buying a car in Spain - 2 posts
buenos días from a new user - 2 posts
Looking for self drive van hire/ Storage - 2 posts
Missed AGM - 1 posts
what do I do now? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x