Problem with an owner of a ren

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by olimpia051 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello to everyone.

I have a problem with the owner of the apartment where i leave and i really hope that you guys could help me! :)

I am an Italian student that moved to Madrid in October and rented a room in an apartment with 12 people. From the beginning we had varius problems with the owner of the apartment and we decided all together to that is time to do something.

We are almost sure that almost all the owner doesn't pay taxes on our rents (or at least in part of them). We have all the recepeits that she gave us for our monthly payments and the are withouth a serial number, they don't have the adress and the date of edmission and also our name is not complete.

I am sure that in Italy something like this is completely illegal, but frankly i don't know how the spanish laws are. Can we do something? Can we press charges agaist her? If is possible, where should we go (in italy there is a part of the police that is called "guardia di finanza")?

Thanks in advance for the cooperation!! :)

Like 0      
29 Jan 2010 9:57 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

You do not say what poblems you have,if it is as you say, just because you suspect her of not paying taxes,it is not a reason to report, you need absolute proof if accusing her.

The best thing you could all do is move out then you would not have to worry

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
29 Jan 2010 11:18 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I agree,if you are uncomfortable there then you all need to move out and find somewhere else.  Is that not an option?

I think whether or not she is paying taxes shouldn't really affect you...and not being funny here, but many landlords don't pay taxes on rental earnings!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hab cert - 2 posts
Events and activities in the area - 0 posts
NIE - 2 posts
ANY GOOD PAINT SUPPLIERS NEAR CIUDAD QUESADA? - 3 posts
Sign the petition for Dog Parks! - 2 posts
Shipping items To Spain: What Fees, Paperwork ? - 8 posts
Mortgage 4 Spain - 2 posts
Legal costs - 4 posts
Buying a car in Spain - 2 posts
buenos días from a new user - 2 posts
Looking for self drive van hire/ Storage - 2 posts
Missed AGM - 1 posts
what do I do now? - 12 posts
Golf tournament in aid of Haiti - 5th February 2010 - 0 posts
On Airport Parking Murcia Airport - 4 posts
Manicurist - nails - 0 posts
Granada, Motril, Malaga Motorway - 7 posts
Piano / Keyboard Lessons - 0 posts
Escaping from Florida, USA - 21 posts
Bus From Alicante Airport - 4 posts
2 month rental - what documentation should I receive ? - 5 posts
watching Spanish tv in UK - 6 posts
Lawyer taking money doing nothing - 54 posts
Kiss Flights from Glasgow to Spain - 2 posts
from dole to self employed heard there was a way? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x