Legal costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by yerweepal Star rating in Scotland. 3 posts Send private message

If many people are being told by Lawyers deposits can be retrieved why are there not lawyers out there offering no win no fee.

I would be happy to pay double the normal up front fee from retrieved deposit

Like 0      
28 Jan 2010 4:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think a lawyer could do VERY well offering no win no fee services here.  The only problem is that because it takes years for cases to get to court then it means there wouldn't be any revenue for some time.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Jan 2010 8:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, there is always an initial minimum fee that needs to be covered, specially if  the LawFirm committ to communication and good client´s service.

Our fee scheme is actually in between no win no fee and full fee paid as we charge the initial provision of funds, whish is 5% of the amount claimed ( which can be paid in different instalments) and no more fees till the case is solved, whatever the number of different judicial procedures and appeals are necessary to reach a solution to the client.

So far, the accountant and the financial director are allowing me to do it this way. We cover expenses and still have some benefits this way.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Jan 2010 9:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

There is always an initial minimum fee that needs to be covered, specially if  the LawFirm committ to communication and good client´s service.

Our fee scheme is actually in between no win no fee and full fee paid as we charge the initial provision of funds, whish is 5% of the amount claimed ( which can be paid in different instalments) and no more fees till the case is solved, whatever the number of different judicial procedures and appeals are necessary to reach a solution to the client.

So far, the accountant and the financial director are allowing me to do it this way. We cover expenses and still have some benefits this way.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Apr 2010 9:28 PM by handheld0 Star rating in Northern Ireland/Whe.... 8 posts Send private message

handheld0´s avatar

We decided not to progress and cancelled after paying a reservation deposit in 2007 for an apartment in ALTOS DE NUEVO VERA. We have recently been contacted by our legal contact at the time - Martinez-Echevarria Almeria. They state if we send them our bank details they will recover 2970k Euros they will keep 970 and transfer 2k to us, Is this normal?????

I have stated I will accept a cheque from them or the developer, but I will not provide my bank details.

Any advice welcome.

Handheld0  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying a car in Spain - 2 posts
buenos días from a new user - 2 posts
Looking for self drive van hire/ Storage - 2 posts
Missed AGM - 1 posts
what do I do now? - 12 posts
Golf tournament in aid of Haiti - 5th February 2010 - 0 posts
On Airport Parking Murcia Airport - 4 posts
Manicurist - nails - 0 posts
Granada, Motril, Malaga Motorway - 7 posts
Piano / Keyboard Lessons - 0 posts
Escaping from Florida, USA - 21 posts
Bus From Alicante Airport - 4 posts
2 month rental - what documentation should I receive ? - 5 posts
watching Spanish tv in UK - 6 posts
Lawyer taking money doing nothing - 54 posts
Kiss Flights from Glasgow to Spain - 2 posts
from dole to self employed heard there was a way? - 3 posts
long term rental - 0 posts
On line presentation of modelo 210 through the aeat website - 0 posts
water ski, golf, property to develop - 1 posts
Need to buy a new portable gas fire - Almeria - 6 posts
Astronomical Endesa Bill for Dec-Jan 2010 - 11 posts
eXCERCISE BIKE WANTED - 0 posts
Banco Halifax login problems - 3 posts
Any rules on buying a spanish car if a non resident? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x