Legal tip 209. A tip if you are still interested on buying in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 209. A tip if you are still interested on buying in Spain 
08 January 2010 @ 08:13 

Now that Banks and Saving Banks in Spain are starting to think they would better be in the mood of selling properties at a real price, they are putting balance to the market they, mostly them, unbalanced during the boom. Nature is wise. After the storm, clean and balanced  air always comes: that is what we need to be looking for, in terms of financial strategies for the correct development of society. Even in Spain when recovery still has a long and tough run to do.

Law also needs to make the effort to stablish some healthy frames for the future of this XXI century which, being the century of globalisation, need to look to the future of our brothers still under developed, for the benefit of all. Win-win schemes, cooperation, generosity. Globalisation for individual ultra-benfits has already proved to be a disastrous approach, so... let´s turn globalisation to this other way.

Again, some philosohpy... I am sorry! Now: a practical tip:

For you, property claimers without Bank Guarantees in Spain: if you are still interested on buying in Spain in the future, a  tip for the 2010 to take today:  

Contact the Bank which financed the development you put deposits on, that Bank which was under Law 57/68 article 1.2 obligation to secure on the existence of Bank Guarantees, and try to deal for a property at a real, real good price. If they refused, that petition may at least be the start for the judicial application for liabilities under the said article.

Have a great weekend!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jan 2010 1:16 PM by Deeleys Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

My bank did not secure a bankers guarantee or ensure a special account was opened and allowed funds to be embezzeled to other companies to try and leave the developer insolvent.  My solicitor has given a case to the public attorney denouncing the companies involved in this fraud.  The solicitor will not denounce the bank as she feels they are protected and they may sue us instead.

After reading your legal tip, if I still wanted to purchase in Spain should I get my solicitor to tell the bank that they have failed because of law 57/58 and that we are prepared to do a deal?  I still have a mortgage offer from the old purchase and the bank has stated in the past that I could still have the original property (when eventually completed) for the cost of the mortgage only (ignoring the original 19,000 Euros deposit). 

I have seen a lot of new build properties for sale on the bank's website.  Do you think it reasonable to make an offer to the bank for a property currently worth 19,000 more than my mortgage (for the cost of the mortgage)?  Even though they have already reduced prices in the past?  (This would make up for the 19,000 loss, although I would have to pay capital gains on this amount if I sold in the future).

Could I still do this deal with the bank while the fraud court case goes ahead?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Due to move back to UK.....Items for sale - 0 posts
for sale - 0 posts
Legal tip 208. Official credit Institute and Banks supporting companies in 2010 - 0 posts
Potential electrical / teaching work in Spain - 5 posts
Cajasur - account charges for dormant account - 2 posts
Andalusian Cinemas - films in English - 11 posts
Spanish car on sale in Cambridge - 0 posts
Cheap gym membership in Spain - 0 posts
Flights out of the UK (Bristol actually) to Murcia tomorrow... re the snow - 17 posts
Payment of Ryan Air flights with Prepaid Mastercard - 12 posts
covers for mattresses - 3 posts
Re-registering English Car in Spain - 6 posts
Nead a cleaner? - 0 posts
Reyes Fuengirola - 2 posts
Free 6 Week Self-Defence Course - 0 posts
Bits of paper required to obtain Padron ? - 3 posts
Spanish Tax - 8 posts
work - 5 posts
IVA to go up to 18% - 22 posts
Wrong colour paper NIE number - 17 posts
driving instructor wanted :) - 0 posts
Spanish mortgage offer - valuations? - 4 posts
Is it me? - 3 posts
child tax credit - 3 posts
Moving To Valencia W. My Dog - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x