Spanish Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

My wife and I have just sorted our income tax out, in the end it was not a big deal. We found our local tax office, went in and in five minutes we had our forms and labels. What we did was have the right questions typed in Spanish on a piece of paper which we just hand across and not problem, we got what we needed. 

All the posts on EOS with regards to filling out the forms were of no help and we did not trust all the pandering people, offering to fill it out on our behalf.

We got a gestoria to fill out the form for us and they only charged for that service and not try to charge to "represent" us for a full year, which did not need because we sorted everything else ourselves.

Our advice is get a professional to fill it out the first time ( please note that we have been informed that mistakes on the forms, especially with regards to the monetary amount will incur a penalty but if the professional makes the mistake then they pay), then you can easily fill out the form from then on.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 12:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I agree Neil.  I always use a local gestor to do ALL my paperwork as it's much easier like that and they don't (generally) charge the earth for their service.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 1:22 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

To Neal

We did trust one of the "pandering'' people to fill in our report and it couldn't have gone more smoothly

We had to miss our December trip

So like you we got somebody to fill our form in for us

And through EOS this was achieved and again there was a saving in as much as no fine for late payment

Not all advise/information suits everybody but should we belittle it??

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 1:26 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

We have found that with a little research, speaking to various people (listening for similarities in what they said) and having the right questions in Spanish written down, and you can get most things sorted by yourself without paying for an expensive solicitor to do it.

Of course I do not know whether the area we live in (Vera) is easier to deal with than others even though we have not found anybody in the council offices who speaks or understands English. We still managed to pay our rubbish bill, IBI and set up direct debits for them.

Having a bank whose branches have an English speaking manager is also very helpful.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 1:39 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Neal

Spooky we also have our place in Vera, i'll get you do do mine in future lol

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 3:47 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi David

When we were looking for help with regards to the 210 form, the discussion threads became frustrating and confusing. Instead of been helpful, it just seemed that people were out to make a buck and the thread just went around and around, teasingly. One would not get the right/helpful info unless one paid a stranger for it.

The whole point of my message is that after the first time one can fill out the form oneself thereafter.  By doing stuff like this oneself, one gets a better understanding of how the local government works in ones area and one can build relationships with the local Spanish people which can only stand one in good stead in the future.

Having said that, I understand your circumstances required you to use who you used but we prefer to meet face to face the people who will do things on our behalf. We find it difficult to trust faceless, unknown people over the internet.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 4:11 PM by dean in york Star rating in york uk . 8 posts Send private message

Neal

Only got one thing to say to that-

ONE !!!! :-)

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 4:30 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi Dean

The use of the word "one" in this context is to avoid seeming that I am directing my comments at anybody specific. One can substitute "you" if one wishes to make my posting personal. :-) lol

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 5:09 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Glad to have been of "no help".  Others (perhaps with a higher IQ and better manners) have found them very useful

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

work - 5 posts
IVA to go up to 18% - 22 posts
Wrong colour paper NIE number - 17 posts
driving instructor wanted :) - 0 posts
Spanish mortgage offer - valuations? - 4 posts
Is it me? - 3 posts
child tax credit - 3 posts
Moving To Valencia W. My Dog - 4 posts
How can I sell my house od Granada? - 3 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 1 posts
cases xalo sl - 1 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 5 posts
AVE High Speed Line - 7 posts
Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts
Happy new year from Cleanasec - 0 posts
Wanted curret update on Arenal Phase 4 - 1 posts
Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border - 5 posts
Barajas Madrid Airport - 1 posts
MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN - 3 posts
Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts
Demonstration in Almeria City - 36 posts
Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x