Re-registering English Car in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by tigress Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I realise this is a little different but can anyone remember during the daily vidios last year when Jason spoke to a very nice man who said it did not have to be terribly expensive to re-register your English car in Spain, and to contact him if we required information. At the time this was of no real interest to me but now it is as my daughter urgently needs to do this, but is a little short on cash so would like to find out the cheapest and best way to do this, leagally of course. Can anyone help with this enquiry???     

Dawn

Like 0      
08 Jan 2010 1:05 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi Tigress,

Like anything in life it's almost always cheaper to do it yourself as much as you can. I used the following guide last year and must say I had very little problems. My car cost approx €500 to register.

register-car-spain.com/

Hope this helps!

Like 0      
08 Jan 2010 6:49 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We did it ourselves in September and it cost 800 euros in total and a lot of leg work but we enjoyed it.

Daveil

Like 0      
08 Jan 2010 11:31 PM by tigress Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Delza,

Thanks for your help, I will pass it on to my daughter together with the linc.

Thanks again

Tigress

Like 0      
08 Jan 2010 11:34 PM by tigress Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Lifeline,

Thanks will pass on this information, think my daughter will be able to manage that as she speaks more Spanish than me.

Tigress

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 8:39 AM by timba Star rating in Cardiff and Rocas de.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi all

having read the guide on registering your car in Spain I have a question.  I am currently looking at buyinh a LHD here in UK before driving across the Spain.  My question is:

If the car I buy is spanish plated but has either MOT or ITV and not both or indeed neither how can it be legal to drive the car across.  Could I get a British MOT and tax and then change it in Spain in the worst case?  Please advise

If it is Spanish plated how much of the process will I need to complete to make the car legal.

Many thanks for any help.

regards

Tim

This message was last edited by timba on 10/01/2010.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2010 11:45 AM by independsurvey Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Tigress

I am presently moving my 10 year old right-hand drive VW Polo estate from British number plates onto Spanish. Whilst I have not completed the process a couple of tips which might be helpful to keep the cost down. These may only apply to VW vehicles?

Buy left hand dipping headlamps in the UK as they seem to be much cheaper than in Spain. I ordered them one day from a VW dealer and they turned up the next day and cost £140 for the two. They then took a couple of hours to fit and my local tyre dealer checked their setting for free.

Check the main website of the car manufacturer. VW have a web page where you can apply for the certificate of conformity. You need the chassis number and some straightforward contact information and it can then be requested online. About a week later it turned up and there was no charge.

Once I've completed the whole process I will post details of my experience and costs but the article from Register Car Spain, which I'd not seen before, seems pretty comprehensive and accurate.

I have heard of some pretty horrific stories about the cost of using a Gestor and I hope that carefully following the correct procedure will save quite a bit of money.

Regards

Richard

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nead a cleaner? - 0 posts
Reyes Fuengirola - 2 posts
Free 6 Week Self-Defence Course - 0 posts
Bits of paper required to obtain Padron ? - 3 posts
Spanish Tax - 8 posts
work - 5 posts
IVA to go up to 18% - 22 posts
Wrong colour paper NIE number - 17 posts
driving instructor wanted :) - 0 posts
Spanish mortgage offer - valuations? - 4 posts
Is it me? - 3 posts
child tax credit - 3 posts
Moving To Valencia W. My Dog - 4 posts
How can I sell my house od Granada? - 3 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 1 posts
cases xalo sl - 1 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 5 posts
AVE High Speed Line - 7 posts
Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts
Happy new year from Cleanasec - 0 posts
Wanted curret update on Arenal Phase 4 - 1 posts
Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border - 5 posts
Barajas Madrid Airport - 1 posts
MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN - 3 posts
Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x