Flights out of the UK (Bristol actually) to Murcia tomorrow... re the snow

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We are meant to be flying on Easyjet from Bristol to Murcia, Costa Blanca tomorrow on the 1430hrs flight.

We had snow last night, a LOT, & radio & news bulletins on SKY etc & newspapers say don't leave home without checking with your airline first to see if the flight's going. Sensible advice but who do I ring? 08712 882 236 appears to be the one mentioned to contact Easyjet. (The saynoto 0870 site has a 01582 700036 alternative to try).  I guess they'll just tell me to turn up & wait & see!

I checked Bristol airport's website where today's flights to & from Murcia are saying cancelled but actually there are no flights today anyway, there's flights due tomorrow 7/1& 8/1 but, of course, as yet, there's no mention about them as you'd expect at this moment.

As we have the taxi booked to collect us 11.30am tomorrow I'm really wanting advice on what best to do.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 1:51 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Looks like the Bristol airport website may have crashed!

Managed to find this page from the Easyjet website showing all cancellations to the present moment and its not a pretty sight.

This site would appear to be updated regularly so I can only suggest you try it first thing in the morning when the scheduling office have managed to sort out what aircraft is where and how its going to disrupt tomorrows flights. Keep trying the websites for Easyjet and Bristol airport  or try giving the airport a ring (0870 12 12 747 = 01275 473405).

I seriously doubt whether Easyjet can say just what the situation will be tomorrow; a snow situation such as the UK is experiencing at the moment is just far too fluid and subject to change by the minute.

The other problem of course is that as your flight is not until the afternoon, the aircraft scheduled to fly that route no doubt will be required to carry out a morning flight somewhere else before arriving at Bristol. I would hate to be a scheduler under these circumstances.

Not much help I'm afraid but it might just save a wasted taxi trip in the morning...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 1:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think you are just going to have to wait until tomorrow morning and see what is happening. Watching the Beeb news, it says Bristol is shut today, we have friends returning there tomorrow, so they could be in a similar situation to you if the planes don't get out here. It says another 6" is due during today, so I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer today.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 2:04 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Post deleted...inaccurate information.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 06/01/2010.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 2:34 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Easyjet post cancelled flights to and from all airports on the first web page under "flight disruption''

They were all cancelled early this morning

Try it early tomorrow to check out your specific flights

This message was last edited by David W on 06/01/2010.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 2:37 PM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

All this is much appreciated, thank you.

David, you posted .....

Easyjet post cancelled flights to and from all airports on the first web page under "flight disruption''

They were all cancelled early this morning

Try it early tomorrow to check out your specific flights

I'm looking at http://www.easyjet.com/asp/en/book/index.asp & can't find what you say is there. Where am I going wrong please?

This message was last edited by spanishowner on 06/01/2010.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 3:00 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Go onto Easyjet's home page - and click on Flight Disruption Today - on right hand side.  It lists all cancellations to and from the UK.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 3:11 PM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Apologies...I can't see the woods from the trees, can I ?

Actually Foxbat did give me the link before, see his post 13:51 with..

Managed to find this page from the Easyjet website showing all cancellations to the present moment and its not a pretty sight.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 7:13 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

looks like Easyjet have already cancelled all Gatwick flights

No news on Bristol, so fingers crossed for you!

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 11:57 PM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I saw that Easyjet had put a live chat facility on their site on this page but it never was answered TWICE & they even wanted feedback as to how I felt above their responsiveness, professionalism etc. You can print the chat or do as I did send it to my email address so I have a copy of what I said, times etc. 

No mention of Bristol still but it hasn't snowed in hours so we live in hope.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2010 10:14 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Looks like its OK for todays flight Bristol - Murcia.

Easyjet are not listing the flight as cancelled and Bristol Airport site shows a 1430 departure.

Good Luck!

fb

Like 0      
07 Jan 2010 10:21 AM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Yes thank you , FB. We have checked & it seems we are going. The flight to Alicante is delayed 1hr 45m I see so as we're going later (to Murcia) we may experience a delay, who knows. Anyway thanks again, I had better get ready to go!

Thanks also for the PM, I got it too.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2010 11:08 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

If it´s not too late - have a good flight.  If it is too late - welcome back to sunny (though not here at the moment!) Spain.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
07 Jan 2010 11:13 AM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thanks, just off. 

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 3:58 PM by spanishowner Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We made it to Murcia but OMG we almost didn't as our taxi spun 180 degrees on ice going up to Bristol then, after that, a stupid pillock driver approached us far too fast after exiting a bend on ice & it spun in front of us. How our taxi driver missed that one is anyone's guess.

Anyway we're here  ... we were an hour late ... & it is cold & I almost wish I was in the UK with my centrally heated house & fitted carpets & 24/7 internet as I'm sitting in my fleece coat in an internet cafe to thank you here & tell you we made it! 

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 6:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Glad you managed to get out okay . The grass isn't always browner on the other side, the wether has definitely changed for the worse this week. Torrential rain on Thursday followed by strong, cold winds yesterday and today. Spanish properties are certainly not built to cope with the cold and draughts!!!

Should be going home tomorrow, but the forecast again is for snow all day, so not sure what is going to hapen.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 7:12 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I live in the south of UK (close proximity of both Heathrow & Gatwick) and it is snowing very hard as I type this.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 10:58 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

The good news is - it will be warmer here in Spain next week! 

Mark, hope that you make your flight OK.

It has been very cold here in Jumilla today, mainly because of the strong icy wind.  We were advised to buy a south-facing home if we planned to live here all year round and that has proved to be good advice.  When the sun is shining our salon-comedor gets really warm, and when it goes down we close all the shutters to keep in the heat.  Today the sun was shining, so although we had the electric fire on for a while earlier, it is now switched off again.  Of course it may be the red wine that is keeping us warm!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Payment of Ryan Air flights with Prepaid Mastercard - 12 posts
covers for mattresses - 3 posts
Re-registering English Car in Spain - 6 posts
Nead a cleaner? - 0 posts
Reyes Fuengirola - 2 posts
Free 6 Week Self-Defence Course - 0 posts
Bits of paper required to obtain Padron ? - 3 posts
Spanish Tax - 8 posts
work - 5 posts
IVA to go up to 18% - 22 posts
Wrong colour paper NIE number - 17 posts
driving instructor wanted :) - 0 posts
Spanish mortgage offer - valuations? - 4 posts
Is it me? - 3 posts
child tax credit - 3 posts
Moving To Valencia W. My Dog - 4 posts
How can I sell my house od Granada? - 3 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 1 posts
cases xalo sl - 1 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 5 posts
AVE High Speed Line - 7 posts
Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts
Happy new year from Cleanasec - 0 posts
Wanted curret update on Arenal Phase 4 - 1 posts
Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x