Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar

Hi there everyone, Im doing some research as Im hoping to buy a 2 bed apartment within close proximity of the beaches of Orihuela Costa.  Im not new to the South Costa Blanca, I lived there for 3 years and invested (not brilliantly!) in a house in Bigastro and a flat in Sax  which have both been sold.  Having just got rid of the flat Id really like to buy a holiday home on the Orihuela Costa but Im on a low budget and I need an 80% mortgage.  Its been 5 years now since I lived and worked in Spain so Im not up to spec on wheres nice and wheres rough, and of course where there is trouble or lots of community fees are owed. 

I know everyones opinions are different but it would be great to hear from you if theres anything specific to avoid.  Im not planning on selling again and hope my next spanish purchase will be a very happy home from home.

Many thanks for reading and especially if you reply!

Happy  new year!

Elena

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 5:28 PM by joechristie Star rating in Bacup, Lancashire & .... 64 posts Send private message

joechristie´s avatar

Hi Elena,

We have an apartment at Los Altos de Campoamor, Dehesa de Campoamor. After a lot of problems the urbanisation is now becoming really nice.  They are 5 mins walk down to the beach through the dehesa and we have a lovely sea view.  There are still a number for sale 1, 2 & 3 bedrooms, I think Ole International are now the agents.

The area has a high number of Spanish owners & a good mix of other nationalities. 

Wherever you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy holydaying on this bit of the Costa.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 11:41 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Elena,

As per the previous post I live in Campoamor down in the dehesa where we have been since 1980, apart from being near the sea it has a very nice mix of nationalities but it is mainly a more spanish orientated area with the expat zones just a short drive away. Other areas I believe are very nice due to the environment and the natioanlity mix are the old part of Cabo Roig, San Miguel town centre, La Regia and surroundings (certain new developments), La Torre de la Horadada, Algorfa, San Pedro del Pinatar and specific areas of Rojales.

I hope that the above information is of help to you.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2010 10:58 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Not sure. I think out of the cities and more for the towns. In my opinion I wouldn't like to be in somewhere like Torrevieja. I prefer towns to cities.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 9:46 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

Depends on what you want I live close to this area and have also lived in La Zenia which is not the best of areas, if you want a bargain you cant beat Urbanizacions on the outskirts of the coastal areas.

I persoanlly would not want to be in Quesada or the surrounding areas but everman to their own areas

we live about 5km inland and that is close enough for everything although a car is good it is not essential because we have a bus route to the coast and this takes you to the Cartagena - Alicante and beyond bus routes

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 10:41 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Avoid any urbanisation with no Certificate of Habitation especially if it was built by Tecnologia Urbanistica. Clue - Battenburg houses..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AVE High Speed Line - 7 posts
Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts
Happy new year from Cleanasec - 0 posts
Wanted curret update on Arenal Phase 4 - 1 posts
Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border - 5 posts
Barajas Madrid Airport - 1 posts
MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN - 3 posts
Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts
Demonstration in Almeria City - 36 posts
Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts
Social activites for the kiddies - 0 posts
Wanted, childrens beds, cot bed, junior bed with mattreess - 0 posts
Honda Shuttle/Odessey 7 seater mpv people carrier 4x4 - 0 posts
opi rentals - 3 posts
How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x