What improvements would you like for EOS?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

December is a very quiet time on the site.  It's a great time for us to make some improvements to the website.

Starting next week we have a few scheduled changes for the site to improve functionality and load speed.  Here are some of the improvements planned:

• Improve private messages navigation
  • Improve community photos upload section
  • Improve layouts for blogs
  • Reduce template images to speed up page loading
  • Improve community home pages functionality and layout

These are just some of the changes coming this month.

Are there any other (not too major) changes that you'd like to see us implement over the next couple of weeks?

Good time to have your say if something has been bothering you on the site recently!

Thanks for your input.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Dec 2009 4:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

A proper preview would be nice , and a bit more of a choice of smilies

Mark

Like 0      
10 Dec 2009 10:28 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I'd like to see an improved/advanced search facility (I know, yaawnnnn!!!).  Also, I think it would be great to see a link to a users posts in their profile - that has been a real benefit in searching out some info on other sites, such as Manilva Life.

And, like Markfish says, a few more smilies would be good fun!    

Like 0      
11 Dec 2009 12:15 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

How about an "Ignore User" facility, so that if you have chosen to ignore a user, you don't see any of their posts?.  It would just be a blank post.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 7:34 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

How about having a dedicated "classified'' section and "re-branding'' the general forum Discussion Forum?

That way all the buy and sell items would be removed and the forum would be used as it should be.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 7:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Forgot to mention before, how about a proper [quote] facility[/quote] ?

Mark

Like 0      
17 Dec 2009 9:23 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

good luck and my encourgament for the changes! 2010 is going to be a wonderful year!

As a suggestion: blogs: I always find difficult to create a good-looking post... usually have troubles with spaces between lines.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 17/12/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 1:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the comments.  I'll see what we can do with these.

In the meantime, we have just upgraded the community photos upload and viewing facilities.

Read here for more info here.

These changes have been request for a long time!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 8:14 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Justin.............can't seem to find the blogs..........or more specifically, my blog, which I would like to continue after a  l   o   n   g pause !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 1:22 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Hi Karensun,

In the first box where all the latest potsts are, above those you'll see a few tabs, click the one that says 'Blog Posts' and get to it through there.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 2:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Under the "Community" link in the menu above you will see the links to the blogs section.

Let me know if you can't see them.

Justin 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Economic Crisis - 22 posts
Greece in Trouble : Riots and 'Bankrupt' - 8 posts
El diario de un Perro... - 0 posts
canceling telefonica - 6 posts
Looking for Sid and Dot - 2 posts
JustAnswer.com - Is it a Scam? - 5 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 6 posts
Web designer Costa del Sol - 5 posts
youtube - advice welcomed - 2 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 3 posts
New year´s eve in Spain - 2 posts
Rip-Off Short-Sighted Costa Blanca News - 2 posts
An Entertainment / What's On Thread? - 0 posts
calais to nerja. - 2 posts
Disability Aids Rental - 0 posts
Christmas In Spain? - 18 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Buying a car in UK on Spanish plates then driving over to Spain - 3 posts
New member - 3 posts
Car Hire for New Year - 1 posts
cuality service - 0 posts
Community TV issues & installers - BE AWARE - 0 posts
Earn 10€ a Lead - 3 posts
Iberdrola / New power limiters / law - 27 posts
Monarch flights to Murcia from Manchester - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x