Monarch flights to Murcia from Manchester

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Seen on a community thread that I thought should be in public view:

Just thought everyone should be aware, that after 10th January 2010 Monarch are not flying into Murcia from Manchester, any flights already booked have been transferred to Alicante.  Monarch say they are not obliged to inform anyone of these changes more than six weeks prior to the due departure date.  It was only by chance that a friend of ours went on to check something that she found this out.  She had already booked her flight for the end of January but also booked a hire car, luckily she was able to change the car booking at no cost.

From some of the recent postings, seems nothing is safe with Monarch at the moment!!

Mark

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 4:19 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Gatwick to Murcia flights have also been cancelled for next summer, and we weren't notified of this.  It was only on another forum that I found this out.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 4:51 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

are you absolutely sure and when exactly do you think passengers would be notified. i have booked at easter and again in the summer.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 5:24 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

I spoke to them today and was told  to call in the morning and speak to Admin for a refund.  On the Monarch website there are no Gatwick to Murcia flights showing, but in the 'Manage my Booking' section my flight is still shown, even though it doesn't exist any more.

As in Markfish's post, they are notifying everyone  no more than 6 weeks before flight is due to depart.  Obviously they want to keep hold of our money for as long as possible. 

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 5:49 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Typical move by Monarch...they did exactly the same thing with their Gatwick- Granada service back in Nov 2007...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 6:00 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

Thank you so much for the heads up........... after brief but decisive thought I will change my flights to alicante.

For those who don't know yet all Monarch flights from Gatwick to Murcia have been cancelled. You can get a refund, or book on the Alicante flight. If you have booked to Murcia I advise to make a decision fast as not all the flight days to Alicante correspond to the Murcia days.

What a complete bloody mess and why the hell do these airlines not inform us. If was not for EOS and their contributors who knows when we would be informed and whether we then could have re arranged our plans........... so much for me being organised.......... might leave it to last minute in future...

Like 0      
02 Feb 2010 6:15 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

What is going on with Murcia Airport.    First Jet2 reduce flights in Winter period Nov-March, now Monarch pull the plug .

That leaves Ryanair whose prices are unsurprisingly going higher in the absence of any competition. Is it Corvera when it opens deterring airlines?.

Is it the fact that you get buzzed by fighter when landing at Murcia?. Are Murcia raising their fees?

Either way San Javier flights were always chocka & the airport is so handy....Is their a future for San Javier Murcia.......

Like 0      
03 Feb 2010 5:25 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

easyjet still fly to Murcia and through the winter from Gatwick.............. Murcia is in the main a military airport hence you can't fly in after 10:00pm. I think it is the airlines way of cutting back......... probably forcing air routes into more major destinations........... BA don't even fly into Alicante anymore... lets hope the bucket airlines don't follow suit.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2010 9:17 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

My husband had booked in September to fly to Manchester from Murcia this Saturday 6th February, we had an e mail from Monarch on 23rd of November informing us that the flight was cancelled and offering a flight from Alicante to Manchester and return on the same days.  The flight times are pretty similar.   There was the option to cancel and have a refund. 

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
03 Feb 2010 10:28 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

We used to mainly fly monarch manchester to almeria - nearest airport for us and very convenient. We used to go monthly for a weekend or a week at a time. Last year monarch pulled the plug and no longer fly into almeria in the winter. So we started using monarch manchester to murcia, a little bit further but still ok. And, because we were frequent flyers we were on vantage gold with monarch. Now they've pulled the plug from murcia, and it was only a year they were flying in there it makes it really difficult. Nobody flies into Almeria in the winter, only monarch fly into Almeria in the summer. Jet2 go from Leeds to murcia in the winter but only Fridays, sat and sunday so not enough days to make a decent weekend. Ryan air is now our only choice, currently from Liverpool or east midlands, but both flights are late in the day and we have been caught out wiht delays and diversions into alicante. Ryanair are starting to fly from leeds to  murcia in march (we already have a couple of bookings) but I am getting to the point when this is going to have to be the airline of choice (not!) purely because they are the only ones. I'm not surprised the prices have started to go up. I do hope another airline will take up the almeria  or murcia routes. 

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 1:08 PM by davidhood Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

brown v cameron - 3 posts
Local Photographer Benalmadena - 0 posts
christmas ,spain or uk - 6 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Christmas Day Lunch Recommendations please! - 4 posts
is my polaris world contract legal - 1 posts
Puente de la Inmaculada - 3 posts
removals to and from spain in a transit van - 0 posts
transit van going to england early january - 0 posts
Queen Mary - 0 posts
Debtors without a Budget - 20 posts
Lookout! Lookout! I'm back from the UK - 14 posts
European Property Owners Day - 0 posts
Student's budget airline survey - 0 posts
Let's See If We Can Make a Connection? - 4 posts
registering for health care - 1 posts
signature color - 3 posts
One For Our Legal Expert? (Copyright) - 0 posts
Canarys tax laws - 0 posts
wanted single seater arm chair - 1 posts
1000 piece jigsaw puzzles - 0 posts
Looking for Winter Let - Feb to April - 5 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 7 posts
Gas cylinder Orange or Silver - 5 posts
editing a post - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x