canceling telefonica

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

ive been with telefonica for over a year,does anyone know how much notice i need to give telefonica to cancil ym phone/internet

Like 0      
09 Dec 2009 11:28 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I cancelled within a year of signing up: about ten months I think. I was moving home. I called into their outlet in TV but they said it had to be done over the phone, I called them; they were fine about it. They said they would cancel it but would send me a letter. This would have a code number on it. I call the same number. Give them the code and hey-ho and it is off you go. It seems quite reasonable. Anyone could otherwise call and cancel someone's service out of spite or whatever.

I never did receive the letter so I was moving anyway. I just went into my bank and stopped the direct debit. End of story as far as I am concerned. I stopped it because I had heard that they will keep vacuuming up your monthly dues if you do not cancel it.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
10 Dec 2009 8:18 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

thanks for reply,i will do the same as you have done

Like 0      
10 Dec 2009 11:36 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I was with telefonica for over 3 years and rang them to cancel my landline and it was done immediately over the phone.

I was told the minimum time I had to have my contract was 12 months which I had so there was no problem cancelling. I insisted they send me a letter to confirm this which I received about 2 weeks later, just in case!! It is worth noting that if you change anything about your contract they will always tie you into another 12 months if they can.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2009 10:53 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

My bank also told me when I cancelled Telefoníca to keep an eye on the account as I have a Movistar contract and they can take money that way!!

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 10:44 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I too have a movie star account but have ntot had any problems, main thing is to go into the bank and cancel any direct debits.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 3:24 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I had internet installed using WiiFi by Telefonica a year ago.  It didn't work so they were told to remove it the next day.  They took it away 6 weeks later but never cut off the phone line for it, even though they installed a phone, on the day they took out the internet equipment, using a completely new line.  As a result they have been billing me for the internet ever since even though they know it was taken away, and I have the paper to prove it, and has never been used.  I went to the government run Consumer Protection Board who dealt with it by telling Telefonica to get their act together within a month.  Nothing was heard for 3 months after which they sent me another bill.  The case is now going to an arbitrary court.  My advice is put everything in writing and keep copies and if you talk to anyone from Telefonica take a name and a reference number for the call.  What ever the outcome I will not pay them as they are a bunch of incompetent idiots who couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for Sid and Dot - 2 posts
JustAnswer.com - Is it a Scam? - 5 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 6 posts
Web designer Costa del Sol - 5 posts
youtube - advice welcomed - 2 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 3 posts
New year´s eve in Spain - 2 posts
Rip-Off Short-Sighted Costa Blanca News - 2 posts
An Entertainment / What's On Thread? - 0 posts
calais to nerja. - 2 posts
Disability Aids Rental - 0 posts
Christmas In Spain? - 18 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Buying a car in UK on Spanish plates then driving over to Spain - 3 posts
New member - 3 posts
Car Hire for New Year - 1 posts
cuality service - 0 posts
Community TV issues & installers - BE AWARE - 0 posts
Earn 10€ a Lead - 3 posts
Iberdrola / New power limiters / law - 27 posts
Monarch flights to Murcia from Manchester - 10 posts
brown v cameron - 3 posts
Local Photographer Benalmadena - 0 posts
christmas ,spain or uk - 6 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x