Gas cylinder Orange or Silver

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Can anyone explain the difference between the two bottles? Is there a difference in cost? Are they butane or propane? What difference does that make to the appliance. Never used before and I want to find out the costs of using. Thank you in advance. Kevin

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 3:55 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

just got a new bottle,so i asked the man in the garage,their is no difference their both butano,the aluminium one is cepsa and the orange steel one is repsol

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 4:35 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

The silver coloured stainless steel bottle is a Cepsa and the orange a Repsol, both contain butane I believe the same quantity but the orange bottle is heavier due to the weight of the bottle it's self. 

The Spanish government fixes the price of butane so they should be the same price, was 10.50 euro but I think it has just gone up. However, different retailers may add on top of the official price, best buy from a service station as they seem to charge the official rate.

It does not matter which bottle you use as the butane gas is the same and the regulator is the same as well. Propane has a slightly different calorific value to butane and can burn a little dirtier as it is a industrial gas, but it can be used in most applicances as the working pressure is similar and the fittings too. Some people think propane burns hotter, but in fact there is very little difference. The fittings are the same as for butane.

How much will you use, well that all depends on what you use it on and how often. 

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 5:00 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Thanks to both of you. It does seem a lot clearer after your answers. Kevin

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 9:46 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Just a quickie. Propane does not tend to freeze as easily so with  a near empty bottle, you can still have a shower. 

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 1:50 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

We use propane - as does everyone else we know in this area - la Vera, Extremadura. The bottles have a black band running around them with the word Propano. They cost E9.50 at Repsol. We use it for hot water and central heating. In summer a bottle lasts us up to 3 weeks as the ambient temp of the water in our deposit is about 18C. Now with the central heating on (very small cottage) and the ambient temp of our water around 10C we go through a bottle every 5 or 6 days.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

editing a post - 2 posts
What channels can I get with a 1.4m dish - 4 posts
Coeliac Girl from Germany looking for spanish coeliac guest family!! - 0 posts
Poor Business Approach - 1 posts
Walking group Southern Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Spanish translation question - 2 posts
online doctors appointment - 8 posts
costs england ,spain - 18 posts
Box Framed Clarice Cliff Plate & certificate - 0 posts
Using a JetSki in Spain - 1 posts
Moblile switched off - 5 posts
White Whale companies lifted from judge control - 3 posts
I can not be bothered with EOS anymore ! - 51 posts
Problems With Skype - 11 posts
Are Newspapers Soon to be History? - 2 posts
Searching for a contact number - 0 posts
Econo-Heat - 21 posts
Problems with Car Trawler - 6 posts
Sevillana Endesa - has anyone else had a problem?? - 3 posts
Wanted - Propane Patio Heater - 3 posts
Electric hot water heater wanted - 2 posts
Christmas in Torrievieja - Nice Hotel? - 2 posts
Hi im new - 4 posts
Torre-Vieja : The Song! - 0 posts
Banks Liability Under LEY 57/68 - 46 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x