Yet Another Endesa Thread....!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Really curious to see what Endesa make of my electicity account this month...

Since Actual meter readings are now done bi-monthly with Estimated accounts being used for the months in between, this was bound to happen sooner or later...

October is for us a traditionally quiet month so far as electricity is concerned; cool enough not to need air con and warm enough not to need heating so our October bill is always very small. No great surprise however that Endesa overlooked this fact and sent an estimated bill for 153 Euros. Way over the top and more like a peak months useage!

However its far too much aggro trying to explain this to Endesa and since these days the money is extracted from my bank account before the paper bill arrives in my letterbox, I let it ride, knowing that the amount owing would be corrected with the next Actual meter reading.

Well today the meter reader came...out of curiosity I also read the meter...and found that... you guessed it...they owe me money! The Actual meter reading for November is still less than that which appears on the estimated bill for October...

Even allowing for IVA, Electricity Tax, Standing Charges and Meter rental charges, they still owe me money...not a lot its true but I'll be watching the bank account carefully in ten days time when the bill becomes due for payment!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 11:05 PM by alex-james Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I wish I'd known about this sooner. We paid quite a few months of high electricity bills in our old apartment until we recently moved out. I guess we'll never see that money again :(

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 12:36 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Surely you should of had a final meter reading irrespective of whether you were renting or selling, and only paid what you owed.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 7:24 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Way to solve this is call and give them the meter reading before the bills are issued, i have just done this and it worked!

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 7:45 PM by alex-james Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Yeah, that's a good idea. I just got a huge water bill as well - although I think it's because we have a leak! :(

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

purchase of new 3 bedroom appt - 5 posts
polar airr - 5 posts
I B I Taxes - 2 posts
El matrimonio en Espana - 2 posts
The Final Move - 41 posts
DO YOU NEED TRANSPORT TO SPAIN FROM THE UK OR BACK FROM SPAIN TO THE UK - 2 posts
Any lady golfers out there? - 2 posts
Hola! - 5 posts
just a little warning on window tint and ITV - 23 posts
Charging to make contact with EOS, whatever next? - 1 posts
smoking banned inside at end of the year! - 61 posts
How do you remove old posts from community forums? - 4 posts
Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts
Marks & Spencer - 12 posts
What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts
Driving to Spain for Xmas - 4 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x