interesting problem UK to ES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Can anyone help??

I have just brought a UK reg LHD car here in Spain with the sole purpose of changing the reg to Spanish.

I sent off the Reg doc to be changed to my name and have had the responce that it is listed at DVLA as permanently exported and they cannot issue a new doc in my name unless i take it back to the UK, Fill out some forms, MOT it, Tax it and take it for another DVLA test.

This will be cost / time inhibative as I am in Spain.

Has anyone got any legal solutions, all i want to do is change it on to Spanish plates??

Cheers

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 7:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Sounds like you'll need the cooperation of whoever you bought it from. Even if you agree to pay all the costs of registering it onto Spanish plates, it would have to be done in their name - then transfer ownership to you.

I hope they are willing / able to help.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Nov 2009 10:40 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I would check again in Spain - I'm not certain that the vehicle needs to be in your name to register it?

An English friend of mine bought a car in Germany and I don't think they registered it in Germany in their name before they brought it to Spain and registered it.

I know that if you want to avoid paying the import duty in Spain the car needs to be in your name for six months, but I'm not so sure that the log book needs to be in your name if you have a receipt and just was to register it to Spain? Surely if the car has already been exported from UK and you have a receipt you are able to import it?

I would go and see a gestor ....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Completing & Submitting Modelo 210 - 33 posts
EASYJET - SUMMER 2010 NOW LIVE - 11 posts
Interpreter needed for hospital visits - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 4 posts
Spain to extend new-car subsidies into 2010 - 2 posts
Those illegal bank Guarantees - 7 posts
Trampolin Hills under unsolvency procedings - 19 posts
Health regulations and customer service issues (disgusted with service from Tapindo) - 2 posts
Holiday Rental Owners Please Help - 29 posts
Where do you get your tyres from? - 33 posts
Any recommendations for places to eat plus places to see - in Toledo? - 0 posts
Deadline to register your PAYG phone - 18 posts
Michael Harris - 0 posts
SAUNA Wanted - 0 posts
Our Tyler is now in Heaven - 17 posts
L.P.G filling stations - 2 posts
Early Retirement- E106/Insurance/Pay into System/Pay as You Go - 2 posts
Documents Needed - 1 posts
Big Problem with HITs mobile (phone provider) - 23 posts
Buyer pulled out of sale only getting half the deposit back? - 4 posts
Who is........... - 0 posts
altering property ownership - 6 posts
Payment of la renta tax - 11 posts
Vodafone Mobile Internet Dongle - 9 posts
Learn to paint at your leisure... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x