Hill infront of block 1,2 and 3

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2007 10:03 AM by alfie Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby

Thanks for your reply . We are at the moment with psi consultant who were recommended to us by Amber Sun, but have realised that they are working more for the developers than for us.  Could anyone recommend a trustworthy solicitor to use to cancel our contract finding it hard to trust anyone anymore. Thanks Alfie

Like 0      
03 May 2007 10:40 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
08 May 2007 8:20 PM by KevinGames Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information.  I've returned from Spain giving PoA to my solicitor.  Nobody mentioned a cost of over 2000 euros for notary fees/land registry etc.  Is this true or have I been ripped off again.  Ripped off when I bought and ripped off when  I sell !  This fee is to take the mortgage info from my Deeds?!  I'm still waiting for the completion.  How can solicitors in Spain get away with not putting the correct purchase price on deeds?  When I purchased my property it was off plan and I gave the solicitor PoA.  I had no knowledge of the price differential (and the implications!)

pulling me 'air out (I don't have much left anyway)...Kev

Like 0      
08 May 2007 10:15 PM by skatyp Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

If it is any help my friends moved to Almoradi last year and they were very happy with a solicitor they used and have recommended to me as well as several other people:

Abaco in Torrevieja

Tel:  0034 966703750

The lady I have spoken to is English - Caroline Clinton.

Best wishes

Sheila

Like 0      
09 May 2007 12:17 AM by Seb141 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hello

We are in process of purchasing re sale apartment in Mallorca, the Agents have suggested we use their solicitors, which from reading these threads is not a good idea.

Can anyone reccomend a good solicitor in Mallorca.  We are looking at two apartments one in Soller, one in Cala D'or we are going to pick one soon.

Also the most quoted figure for paying a solicitor looks like 1% does this include all costs or is that just his fee and additional costs on top?

Many thanks

Seb

Like 0      
09 May 2007 12:26 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Seb, I sent you a PM with a recommendation, let me know if you haven't received it and I'll post it here for you.

1% is pretty standard, although you may be able to negotiate a fixed fee so that you pay slightly less. And that's 1% of the declared price. Now go read up on the black money thread!

We are talking here of the lawyer's fee for what I guess you would call conveyancing. In addition to this you will pay Notary fees, Land Registry fees, and of course transfer tax (7%).

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 May 2007 4:16 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

being checky but can you let me know how you got on as we are going in June to view such properties I also would like to know about lawyers to buy and if it is better/cheaper to use a spanish solicitor in England. Spoke to one early who said the minimum price would be £3,000 which seeemed a lot.

Like 0      
17 May 2007 6:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
nickid, are you enquiring about a lawyer in Mallorca also? If so, I can pm you my recommendation as I did for Seb, a very well known and respected English speaking Spanish lawyer based in Palma who I have dealt with and been very satisfied. As for fees, as I said before 1% is pretty much standard and I wouldn't really expect a minimum to be applied unless you're buying a very cheap property. I seem to remember (from other threads) Seb was looking at properties around the €280k mark, so I would expect a lawyer to charge €2,800, which is nearer to £2000? Unless you're looking at something more upmarket I would say £3k is a lot.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 May 2007 4:24 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

I think I am getting overwelmed with advice because I have got it wrong. We are not looking to buy in Mallorca but in Murcia/Almeria so any advice on good not expensive solicitors would be welcomed Thanks

Like 0      
18 May 2007 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
No problem! Sorry, i don't know Murcia or Almeria, so hopefully another member will be able to help. I do think the quote you had seemed expensive, but as I said, it does depend (usually) on the price of the property. Also, perhaps this figure included more than just "conveyancing"? For example, maybe it included things like assistance in applying for your NIE etc?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 May 2007 7:24 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
nickid, take a look at our recommended lawyers page, they are proven to provide a good service to our members:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/property-lawyers-spain.aspx

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:58 PM by skatyp Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

You might like to take a look at my message about the lawyer in Torrevieja.

Sheila x

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:00 AM by skatyp Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Sorry, I hit the send button before I managed to repeat the details:

Abaco in Torrevieja

Tel:  0034 966703750

The lady I have spoken to is English - Caroline Clinton.

Sheila

Like 0      
30 May 2007 11:42 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi, can anyone help, we have already bought our apartment but would ask if anyone could recommend a solicitor in the area of beniofar,almoradi or rojales as we wish to have our spanish wills drawn up,the solicitor we have at the moment is in co with the agent we bought from and will change them as soon as we get our first water and electric bills, will not name them in case of repercushions but have read loads of reports about them on EOS website.ALL BAD.

coolyes

Like 0      
30 May 2007 11:42 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi, can anyone help, we have already bought our apartment but would ask if anyone could recommend a solicitor in the area of beniofar,almoradi or rojales as we wish to have our spanish wills drawn up,the solicitor we have at the moment is in co with the agent we bought from and will change them as soon as we get our first water and electric bills, will not name them in case of repercushions but have read loads of reports about them on EOS website.ALL BAD.

coolyes

Like 0      
30 May 2007 11:59 AM by skatyp Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I can only repeat the details I gave before (see two messages below yours).  My friends who live in Almoradi were the ones who recommended these people.

Like 0      
30 May 2007 3:28 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Formentera,  I know where you are coming from we are going to be doing the same.  But their is a solicitor that writes in on eos Glyn Moran and  he did pm me, their is a office in Benijofar.  I have his details if you would like me to pm them to you? By the way are you near us?    Regards Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 5/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 May 2007 3:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Any use to you  formentera costa ?

Legal Sevices in Spain, Abogado in Spain, Spanish Solicitors,Spanish Administrador de Fincas,

Resale Property Alicante, Country property Crevillente, New property La Marina phone2.jpg Tel/Fax (00)  34    96 679 0844 or 679-779-122
Oasis 90,Urb Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain
UK Office 0871-4741-577 (Calls are at the UK National Rate)

Also Glyn Moran, who Pat mentioned is on http://www.legalandfiscal.com/index.htm

You can email Glyn on info@legalandfiscal.com 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/31/2007.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 12:58 PM by Paul M Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I went along the route of NOT having a lawyer to over see the sale of my property as the estate agent told me he would deal with the whole matter and a Layer was an unnecessary expense.. A Deposit contract was signed and a 15000 euro deposit was placed with the agent and the purchaser was given 4 months to complete . O ver that period the agent wanted to hold on to the deposit and use part of it as his comission.The Buyer pulled out of the sale at the last minute and so lost his deposit.

Two months later i have still not recieved the deposit despite several  requests.

I have just recieved an email from the agent saying he is going to keep 7500 euros even though no sale was made and this is for his trouble. He says he is intitled to keep the whole amount under Spanish Law (article 1.454 of the civil code).

He had previously asked if he could take 350  euro out of the deposit to cover his expensis so when he told me  he was taking 7500 i was gobsmacked.

Beware of rogue estate agents !!! Has anyone come across this before

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 6:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

It depends on the contract you signed with him to sell the property. Usually the agent takes a reservation fee anywhere between 3 and 6000 euros (we dont as we prefer one or othersides lawyers to hold!) and that takes the property off the market for usually 14 days to allow for due dilligence. Then either one goes stright to notary or a 10% non refundable deposit is paid.

This is an arras contract and usually states if the buyer pulls out he forfiets his deposit, if the seller pulls out he pays double the deposit to the buyer as compensation

Normally the agent and seller agree to omething and it can be 50% of the holding deposit - of course you have to assume this is what he has taken on your behalf.

When you listed your property with him you should have a terms and conditions stating what happens in the event of non completion, otherwise ask a lawyer but the liklihood is you will have to take legal action and its probabl not worth the aggro - this is what he will be relying on. If there is no contract then I am unsure if there is a decree to cover this - Maria del Castro on this forum is a lawyer and will know

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Road Legal Trikes, Beach Buggiea & Quads In The Polaris World Triangle Of Costa Calida - 2 posts
Parador Problems (I mean Property's) - 82 posts
The reality of Cheap Inspection Tours - 0 posts
Estate Agents Deposit - 17 posts
Lecrin Valley - 2 posts
Montesinos/Naranjos - 10 posts
Broadband in Spain - 23 posts
Aroca Seiquer & Asociados - 43 posts
Looking for a good bi-lingual solicitor in Spanish Family Law. - 4 posts
Flight pictures .. a real hoot ! - 18 posts
Still looking for reformer.. - 30 posts
Just something really to think about.............. - 371 posts
BMI Cardiff - 1 posts
Message for member "Marda" - 0 posts
Development 2 YEARS behind schedule! - 4 posts
Polaris World - 4 posts
Break in - 11 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 16 posts
The best way to transfer money to Spain (Seriously)! - 92 posts
IKEA Seville now delivering to the coast - 2 posts
estimation of entry date - 10 posts
Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 63

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x